Truth or dare Part 2

Another slightly shorter chapter but I promise chapter 9 makes up for it... this is chapter 8 btw :)

Uploading 2 chapters a day... I promise I have some exciting chapter coming up in the next few days.

Hope you enjoy x

***

Heather was smiling. *I love this game*

'Wait a second... I look at you and get an axe thrown at me... She kisses you and gets NOTHING?!' Snotlout complained.

'What can I say? She's a good kisser.' Astrid blushed. Oakley giggled, soon followed by Heather.

'Okay... Can we move on... Please?' Hiccup begged. 'Ruff... Truth or dare?'

***
Several turns later
***

'Truth.' Heather said in response to snotlouts question.
'Okay... Why did you choose to date bookworm, flower boy, over... this?' He gestured to himself.

Fishlegs growled at him before Heather tightened her grip on his hand that she was still holding.

'Because... He's smart, funny, sweet...' She listed as she looked into her boyfriends eyes as he smiled and blushed in return. She looked past Fishlegs at Snotlout who was childishly miming her words. 'Basically, everything you're not.'

Oakley and Astrid giggled. *You tell him*

'Shut up, you two.' He snarled, Which only made them laugh harder.

'Okay, Astrid...' Heather changed the subject. 'Truth or dare?' She asked with a questionable smile.

*Oh gods* 'Ummmm...' She thought. Remembering that Heather was the only person who knew about her and Oakley. '...Truth.' Seemed like the safer option.

'Who's a better kisser? Hiccup or Oakley?'

She was wrong.
Oakleys head shot up with curiosity as a smile slowly appeared. She looked towards her secret girlfriend, who was blushing profusely.
If she said Hiccup, not only would it be an abject lie, but also bring back that whole Hiccstrid rumour she had spent months trying to escape from. However, if she said Oakley, it would only raise suspision, and again more rumours. And the worst part, Heather knew it.

'Astrid?...' Heather finally said, still awaiting a response.

'Oakley.' She whispered.

'I can't hear you.' Heather added.

'Oakley.' She said loud enough for everyone to hear. Blushing more than she had ever done before.

Oakley giggled as she turned to her brother and playfully stuck out her tongue as he sat with his eyes open wide. *Haha*

'Fishlegs... truth or dare?' Astrid asked, avoiding eye contact with anyone.

'Truth.' He chose, as always.

'When did you first realize your feelings for Heather?'

'That's easy. On some level, I guess it was when we first saw her again. Back when Dagur was still against us.'

'Awe' Heather sighed. *I love him so much sometimes*

'Okay...' He scanned the room. '...Oakley, truth or dare?'

'Dare.' She decided. Fishlegs didn't give dangerous dares, so she was safe.

'I dare you to sit in Astrids lap and act like a couple for the rest of the night.'

'Fishlegs?' Heather questioned. Wondering if he also knew about their secret relationship.

'What? I totally ship it!' He replied. The girls giggled.

'Me too' Tuff added. 'I mean Oakstrid seems way more fun than Hiccstrid.'

'Looked like it too.' Heather smiled, as the secret couple blushed.

Oakley took a deep breath before walking over to Astrid and sitting in her lap. Astrid took her hands and their fingers wove together as Oakley laid her head on Astrids chest, closing her eyes and trying to refrain from kissing her again in the heat of the moment.

'Awe.' They all cried. All except Snotlout, who scoffed and looked away.

Astrid gently swept the hair away from her girlfriends face before placing her hand back into Oakleys. She loved this feeling, the feeling of comfort and warmth. She never wanted to get up again.

Oakley felt so comfortable that if it wasn't for having to protect their secret, she could have fallen asleep to the accelerating beat of Astrids heart and the warmth of her skin.
Instead, she simply continued the game, trying desperately to keep her powers under control.

***

The game continued for hours. Heather decided, the girls had suffered enough. So she had spent the last two hours tormenting Snotlout, daring him to eat his dragons regurgitated fish, smell Tuffnuts feet and drink a glass of yaknog.

Oakley actually had to hold Astrid down to stop her from chopping his head off at his reaction.

The rain finally let up allowing the young vikings to exit, to find a large trail of rose petals surrounding the clubhouse, causing everyone to turn to Oakley, who's arm was still holding Astrids waist while Astrids was flung over her shoulder, as she was a few inches taller than Oakley.

'It couldn't have been me.' She denied, knowing that if just sitting with Astrid, holding her hand and feeling her warmth and her beating heart hadn't caused it, then the amazing kiss they had shared hours before, did. 'I was in there with you guys.'

They all shrugged and headed towards their huts.

***

Astrid closed the door as they entered her hut. 'Well, that was interesting.'

'Yeah, it was alot of fun. Although, it took everything I had not to flood the place in roses.' Oakley said.

Astrid giggled. 'But, the good news is, you are finally gaining some control over your powers.'

'That's true.' Oakley smiled as they both went to bed and soon fell asleep.

***

Shadows were looming as Oakley began to stir in her sleep, desperately trying to escape the nightmare she was having.

She suddenly gasped and shot up into a seating position, waking Astrid on the other side of the hut. She continued to stare at the foot of her bed, her chest getting heavier with every breath.

'Oakley?!...' Astrid cried out as she saw the fear on her girlfriends face. Before she knew it, she was out of bed and rushing to her side. 'Are you okay?'

'Yeah...I'm... I'm okay... I just...' She tried to reassure, between deep breaths.

'Had a bad dream?' Astrid interrupted. Oakley looked away, slightly embarrassed. She hated letting her guard down, letting people seeing her vulnerable side, something she and Astrid had in common. 'Sweetie, it's okay. It happens to everyone.' She reassured as she sat next Oakley, who had let a single tear fall, holding her close, and gently stroking her hair. They were trying to stay as far apart as possible while the were in the house, but right now Oakley needed her, and that's all that mattered.

Oakley wiped her eyes before laying her head on Astrids chest, gently drawing circles on her abdomen with her finger.

Astrid knew that she often had a reaccuring dream about her mother, and she understood the pain she must feel everytime it entered her mind. She decided not to ask about it, it was one of the more sensitive subjects they had agreed were best left alone. So instead she just held her, brushing her hair from her face and stroking her cheek in an attempt to comfort her, while Oakley continued tracing circles with her finger.

She didn't think Astrid could get anymore perfect. But everyday, she was proven wrong. She had never felt so safe, so content. Laying in her girlfriends arms was the most magical feeling. She knew it was wrong, but it just felt so right.

***