Power Outage

"Wait, you're part dragon?! When did you figure this out?" Hiccup wondered.

"Back on the Reaper," Oakley explained. "I had a feeling after the dragon root incident. And then it all started adding up."

"Oh, of course!" Astrid realized. "How did we not see that?"

"I'm sorry, does someone wanna explain?" Fishlegs thought.

"Astrid, care to help me demonstrate?" Oakley requested, taking Astrid's hand. "Deathsong amber." Astrid opened her hand as the amber rock substance shot out of her hand. "Changewing acid." The blonde shook her hand as the green liquid dripped onto the ground.

"Ew! This stuff is so gross." She groaned.

"Sorry, let's try... Gronckle lava." Oakley held out her hand, focusing intently until lava poured from her hand. "Very cool."

"So, that's why you can understand the dragons?" Fishlegs noted.

"And why they won't hurt you?" Hiccup added.

"Exactly." His sister nodded. "But, there is one thing I'm still not quite sure about." She sauntered over to her father. "You caved. You never cave that easily." The chief just looked around semi nervously. "You set me up."

"I just had to be sure that it was serious. Between you two." He admitted. "I had to see if you would fight for her like I did with your mother."

"And what happened?"

"We ran away. My father found us on a ship in the middle of the ocean a week later."

***

"Oak, what are you doing?" Astrid wondered as the brunette gripped her hand and closed her eyes.

"My powers are always stronger with you around. Maybe that's why you still have some of my powers. To make us work together to make them stronger." Oakley explained.

"Don't you think you should take a break?" Hiccup suggested. Oakley let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding only to take a deep breath and hold it again.

"Ugh, why can't I get them to work?!" She rasped out in that one breathe. "They were working fine a minute ago."

"Maybe we both need to be focusing on it at once." Astrid thought.

"Well, they were working fine before." Oak reminded, glancing down at her hands.

"You've probably worn them out. Just take a break." Hiccup advised.

Astrid grasped Oakley's hands to grabbed the brunette's attention.

"Oak, he's right. You're gonna need your strength for tomorrow." Astrid agreed.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Oakley sighed in defeat as she slumped onto the ground of the arena, in her usual spot. Astrid sat beside her. The brunette's arm immediately wrapped around her, pulling her into her lap and holding tightly.

"Okay, let's talk about something less depressing..." Heather suggested.

"Yeah, I mean you guys just got betrothed!!!" Fishlegs cheered. "Do you have any idea how huge this is?!"

"How do you feel?" Hiccup wondered.

"Guys, breathe," Astrid advised. "Yes, it feels great. But, we can celebrate when things have calmed down." She said. "For now, let's just relax."

Oakley smiled down at her betrothed and gently lifted her face until their eyes met.

Astrid gazed up into her eyes, noticing one was turquoise and the other now royal purple and was drawn in. Gulping in several breaths of cold air, she attempted to calm the frenzy of butterflies, which seemed to be dancing inside her.

Oakley wrapped her in her arms, rubbed a gentle, caressing hand down her rosy cheek and around the blonde's neck; her eyes, so full of affection, stared down at her.

The flock of butterflies were now creating a whirlwind and wreaking havoc on Astrid's nerves.

Of course, they had done more than kiss, but they usually kept their public displays of affection to a minimum. But, something about this was different and neither girl could quite understand why.

Meeting the brunette's gaze for just a moment, Astrid smiled sweetly before closing her eyes as Oakley inclined her head. The first light brush of her lips vanquished her butterflies and left the blonde anticipating more. Oakley's necklace began to flicker.

One more brush of her lips, like an artist to their canvas, had her arms sliding around Oakley's neck, pulling her closer. When their lips met again, she met the blonde halfway, allowing her to kiss her fully. Love infused their entire being as the blonde deepened the kiss, pouring out her affection to her girlfriend and Oakley replied instantly by doing the same.

"What was that for?" Astrid wondered as they finally parted.

"I just felt like it." Oakley smiled before being tugged back into the kiss.

***

"I thought you said we were going back to Dragon's Edge?" Hiccup thought as he, Astrid, and Oakley raced north the next morning.

"We are. I just need to make a quick stop first." She explained as they approached a rather icy island.

"Shiva?"

"She may not know where mom is, but I have a feeling she knows how to find her."

***

"Ahh, Oakley." Shiva greeted. "I was wondering when I would be seeing you again. I haven't met this one." She gestured to the blonde.

"This is Astrid." Oakley introduced.

"Ahh, yes the girl that tore the village apart. Your friend Snotlout mentioned you."

"He's not my friend." Astrid rolled her eyes, folding her arms.

"Shiva, I need your help with something." Oakley changed the subject.

"You hear it don't you? Her voice." Shiva mentioned. Oakley nodded.

"I have to find her, but I don't know where to start." She explained.

"I'm afraid I can't help you with that, Dear," Shiva said. "Only you have to power the find her. You just have to connect."

"Connect how?" Oakley growled. "Why is it always the scenic route with you? Why can't you just come out and say what you mean?"

"Oak, calm down," Astrid suggested.

"I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated." She sighed.

"I've already told you everything you need to know during your last visit, now you just have to find a new meaning."

***