Rumors

Sorry I haven't posted any in a while. Been rewriting this story and now have 2 more versions, a slightly different story, and timeframe. Will be uploading soon. Enjoy.

***

As both girls sat on the edge of the bed, the inches of space between them started to feel like miles. They couldn't believe what almost happened. It was certainly frowned upon before marriage, but Oakley wasn't even 16 yet. There were laws stating that 16 was the legal age. So, they had stopped themselves just in time.

'We should go.' Astrid suggested, knowing that it was probably best if they weren't alone together for a while.

Oakley nodded and they both got up and left, each flying off in a different direction.

***

As Oakley sat on the very cliff she sat with Astrid every morning, she started writing in her journal, the journal that was filled with all the events she had experienced, since she escaped from her bedroom prison, exactly 100 days ago.

She finally finished what she was writing and placed her journal back in her saddlebag, as she saw Hookfang flying towards her. However, when she took a closer look, she realized it wasn't the usual stocky, mutton-headed Viking on his back.

'Ruffnut?' She asked, wondering what she was doing with Snotlouts dragon, rather than the two-headed dragon she shared with her twin brother. 'Why are you flying Hookfang, and... where's Tuff?'

'My idiotic brother decided he and Snotlout needed some boy time.' She replied, hopping off the Monsterous Nightmares back.

'So why are you here?' Oakley asked, realizing that she had never really talked to Ruffnut before.

'Well, since my brother was having guy time with Snotlout. I thought it would be a good time to hang out with some of the girls. But, Heather is too busy with Fishlegs and I'm not exactly Astrids favorite person.' Ruff explained, sitting next to Oakley.

'So you came to me?'

'Exactly. Besides, I guess it would be nice to know more about you.'

'What do you want to know?' Oakley asked.

'How long have you been with Astrid?'

'WHAT?!' Oakley gasped.

'I mean... I assumed it started around a month ago.' Ruff guessed. She was close, it was 6 weeks.

'How did you...?'

'Oh come on, Could it be more obvious?' Ruff stated. 'There is no way you met someone from another island, we were only gone for 3 days... and since Heather and Fishlegs are already together, that leaves, Astrid. And that love bite certainly didn't appear on its own, besides the way she looks at you... there's no doubt.'

Oakley rolled her eyes 'Why do I bother?' She giggled, as looked towards the ground as her cheeks began to turn pink. 'Does Tuff know?' She asked, praying to the gods that he didn't, she had come to realize, word spread quickly when Tuff was involved.

'Oh no,... he doesn't know anything... literally.' Ruffnut reassured.

Oakley let out a sigh of relief. 'So why didn't you say anything?... To the others I mean.'

'You wanted to keep it a secret right? I mean... I assumed that's why  you wouldn't tell anyone.'

'Thank you.' Oakley said gratefully, realizing that her first impression of the strange girl may have been wrong, and that she may have just made an unlikely friend.

***

Meanwhile, back at the training arena, Astrid was being unusually quiet, and it wasn't going unnoticed. She couldn't stop thinking about that kiss, it played over and over in her head.