A Certain Glow

"Ooo, it's a scary bad dragon. He's gonna kill us. I hope he doesn't. I hope he leaves soon." Snotlout sang, off-key.

"Snotlout!" Everyone shouted.

"What? We're not doing that this time?" He shrugged.

The Death Song let out a siren song-like roar, before shooting its amber towards the short, stocky mutton-headed Viking. He yelped and jumped onto his Monstrous Nightmare for protection.

"Okay, Gang. We gotta get out of here." Hiccup suggested. "Aim for the opening."

The dragon roared once again.

"Ahhh...ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh..." Oakley hummed the dragon's call, cupping her hands over her mouth to increase volume. The Death Song tilted his head in confusion. "Ahhh... ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh..." She repeated. "Um, guys. Do you think now might be a good time to escape? I don't know how long this is gonna work!" She suggested.

"What about you?" Hiccup wondered.

"Just go!" She ordered. Snotlout didn't need to be told twice and darted towards the opening in the ceiling. "Ahhh... ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh..."

"Snotlout is outlout!" He cheered as he neared the opening. He was thrown back, tumbling to the ground when the hole was filled with Death Song amber.

"Well, that's perfect." Hiccup rolled his eyes sarcastically.

The sunlight battled with the amber rock substance, fighting its way into the cave. The filtered light surrounded the riders and their dragons in a strange glow.

"Woah, awesome!" The twins cheered.

Each rider had a silvery glow, with the exception of their leader who was bathed in white light.

They all gazed at Oakley who was glowing in different colors.

"Hey, how come she gets to be blue?" Tuffnut whined.

"That's green, you idiot" His sister corrected.

"It's turquoise!" Oakley growled. "The amber created a filter. It's showing our souls. I think we have more pressing concerns right now." She panicked as the Mystery class dragon circled her, crooning curiously.

"Oak!" Astrid shrieked. Throwing her arm out, shooting a familiar orange substance from her hand, barely missing the wild dragon.

Astrid stared at her hand in shock. The Death Song glared at the blonde before cocooning her in his own amber. The dragon grasped Oakley by the shirt and threw her on his back before attacking the other riders.

Soon each rider and their dragons were encased in amber.

"Oh, that's just GREAT!" Snotlout growled.

"Snotlout, stop talking!" Oakley hushed.

"I said coming back here was a bad idea-"

"SHH!" He silenced.

Oakley listened intently, hearing a distant growl.

"Heather. What was the song you sang to Garff?!" Oakley requested.

"It's a Norse lullaby. Storm King" She told her.

'The sky is dark and the hills are white.
As the Storm King speeds from the north tonight.'

Oakley sang loudly. Her angelic voice echoed across the cavern walls. A faint growl was heard in the distance.

"What is she doing?" Snotlout wondered.