Seeing Through Your Eyes

Requests are welcome x

Hope you enjoy :)

***

By the time Oakley and Heather made it back to Dragon's Edge the sun had set and the moon was beaming brightly. They were shocked to find themselves returning to a thick blanket of snow coating the entire outpost. Heather glanced towards her friend in confusion. Dragon's Edge was a fairly warm island, so this was highly unusual.

"It can't be me! I was with you." Oakley shrugged. The girls landed outside the clubhouse, Heather knocked on the door. They chuckled when they heard Snotlout yelp.

"Guy's, it's us!" Heather declared. Hiccup opened the door to the clubhouse, a pile of snow slid off the building. Oakley jumped back just in time, dragging Heather with her, dodging the small avalanche.

"What in Thor's name is going on?" Oakley bellowed.

"You tell us!" Snotlout scowled, folding his arms, huffing.

"It wasn't me! I wasn't even here!" She snapped.

"We know it wasn't you. It was Astrid." Tuffnut shrugged as if it were completely normal.

"What?!" Heather gasped. "How is that possible?"

"We don't know," Fishlegs explained. "One moment she was yelling at Snotlout for taking her axe, the next, he's on fire. She freaked out and it started snowing. It hasn't stopped since."

"Oak... You don't think-?" Heather hesitated, but Oakley knew exactly what she was getting at.

"Where is she now?!" Oakley panicked.

"She snowed herself into her hut," Ruffnut informed. "We tried to get in but the snow just kept piling up."

"Did you try the escape hatch in the ceiling?" She asked.

"There's an escape hatch in the ceiling?" Heather wondered. She once lived in that hut, and she never knew about an escape hatch.

Oakley rolled her eyes. "Stay here." She darted out of the clubhouse with her dragon and raced to the roof of her hut. After twenty minutes of digging through an endless pile of snow, she finally managed to get the escape hatch open.

She swung inside and closed the trap door behind her before swinging from post to post, landing safely on the ground, where Astrid was pacing frantically.

"A-Astrid?" Oakley shivered, dusting the snow off of her. Astrid swung around, causing a large snowball to fly in Oakley's direction. StarGazer cloaked her rider with her wing, defending her from the oncoming globe of snow. "It's okay. It's j-just me!" She reassured.

"Oak! You can't be here!"

"I live here." Oakley joked. Astrid backed away as Oakley tried to approach. "Astrid..."

"Don't!" Astrid warned. Oakley threw her hands up in understanding.

"Okay. Okay." She said softly as she took a few steps back, still shivering.

"Oak, what's happening? Why do I have your powers?!"

"I don't know. I wished that someone would understand what I go through, then suddenly these floating lights disappeared into the sky."

"Yeah, and came to me. Oak, what were you thinking?!" Astrid scolded as her hair lit up in crimson red flames.

"I didn't think it was actually going to give you my powers!" Oakley snapped. *Breathe, Oak. Just, breathe.* She took a deep breath to compose herself. "Astrid... I don't know how it happened, and I don't know why. But it did. I know it's scary, believe me. But I need you to breathe."