Drained

Any ideas for a Hiccstrid oneshot? :)

***

'Any final requests?' Krogan laughed at Oakley as she tried to wriggle free from the hunter's grasp.

'Just one...' She smiled. '... Watch that sunrise.'

Astrids face shot up, a hint of a smile on her face.

Krogan laughed at this request. He would come to regret it in a few moments.

'Oh, and Krogan... One more thing...' She smirked at him. 'Psych!'

Suddenly, she disappeared into thin air, reappearing behind the hunter that had been restraining her and knocking him onto the floor.

Krogan growled.

She swirled her finger causing a smokescreen of leaves to surround them. When the smoke screen lifted, everyone was stood in the exact same spot, except Stoick and the dragons were free from the cages that now held the hunters instead. Nobody moved an inch.

Oakley was desperately trying to hide the exhaustion and nausea she was feeling from zapping around so much. Her head still throbbing and bleeding from being clobbered across the head in the early hours of the morning. She could feel herself draining from using too much magic. But it wasn't over yet.

Krogan whistled loudly, several armed hunters came running up behind him. Oakley clicked her fingers, creating a shield, preventing the hunters from coming any closer. Krogan grabbed Astrid.

'Well, you just had this planned down to the last second, didn't you?' Oakley asked rhetorically, clearly exhausted. 'You know it really was a marvelous plan...' She said as he began to back up, his dagger to Astrid's throat, which was still bleeding. 'However, there's one thing you didn't count on.'

'And what might that be?' He asked.

Suddenly Astrid grabbed his dagger-wielding arm and threw him over her shoulder and onto the ground before jumping over him and running to Oakley's side.

'Me!' Astrid stated. Her hand immediately locked with Oakleys. Both girls closed their eyes and lowered their heads. Soon, a bright light had surrounded them.

The ground began to shake, the riders all took hold of their dragons in an attempt to help maintain their balance.

A large swirl of water, fire, air, earth, and ice began to surround the island.

As the tear in Astrid's neck began to heal, the earth beneath the hunters began to crumble, causing each of them to fall deep down into the island's core, taking Krogan with them before the earth closed up above them.

The magic that surrounded the island came to a halt, The light that had been surrounding the girls began to fade, allowing the riders to make their way to the young couple in the center.

But, once the magic had stopped, Oakley couldn't take anymore and collapsed in Astrid's arms.

***

Back on Berk

6 hours later

***

Astrid and her mother were sitting in Oakley's bedroom, praying to the gods that she was going to wake up soon.

Astrid slowly began to cry as she held her girlfriend's ice-cold hand in one hand while the other was tucking her hair away from her face. She slowly began to trace circles on the back of her palm.

Oakley slowly began to stir. Astrids eyes shot up as she wiped the tears from her face. Lotus decided to give them some privacy, so she gently kissed her daughter's head before heading downstairs.