Bigger Fish to Fry

"HICCUP, LOOK OUT!" Oakley shrieked, leaping in front of him and deflecting a large arrow that was headed straight for him.

After about an hour of searching the island, they came across a hunter base in the very center of the island. But, these guys weren't like the hunters the riders had grown used to, these guys were professional dragon trappers. And very sure of themselves.

"Thanks, Sis." He smiled.

"Anytime." She returned the gesture before continuing the battle. *Astrid, whatever you do, no magic. We can't risk them finding out about you too.*

*Got it*

*Heather trapper at 5 o'clock!*

The raven-haired teen threw her ax-wielding arm back, knocking the dragon trapper to the ground with a THUD.

*Snotlout catch!* Oakley swirled her fingers in Snotlout's direction, dropping a large sword in his hand.

"Now this is a little more like it." He chuckled, spinning the weapon in his hand.

"How about using it?!" Hiccup shrieked as he fought off several hunters.

They were surrounded.

"Oak, we're running out of ideas." Heather rasped as the trappers drew the riders closer together.

"I have one." The brunette admitted. "But it's stupid... and reckless."

"When has that ever stopped you?" Lotus teased.

"How about when your lives are on the line?!" Oakley declared.

"So, what do we do?" Heather questioned as the trapper closed in on them.

"Duh, we have dragons." Snotlout snickered. "Let's just fly away."

"Let me know how that one works out for you." Astrid snarled.

"Snotlout they would shoot you before you even left the ground," Oakley explained.

A loud roar was heard in the distance. A very, very loud roar. So impossibly loud it rattled the earth.

"What in Thor's name was that?!" Hiccup howled.

"The King." Astrid and Oakley whispered in unison, sharing a look. A shadow crossed the sky as a line of fire shot across the trees.

"Is that another rider?!" The male Haddock thought. "On a Stormcutter?"

"We can worry about that later," Oakley explained. "Bigger fish to fry." *Barf, Belch. Whatever happens, don't shoot until I say so.*

While the trappers were distracted, Oakley could put her plan into place. She grasped Astrid's hand before closing her eyes as she slowly disappeared into thin air.

"Oh perfect." Snotlout rolled his eyes.

"Where did she go?" Eret, one of the trappers questioned.

"Who?" Heather replied.

"The small one."

"Oh, Snotlout. He's right here." Ruffnut joked.

"Shut up, Ruffnut." He snarled.

Eret approached Astrid who never broke his eye contact.

"Where is she?" He growled, raising his sword.

"Ahem."

Eret spun towards the cages of trapped dragons that seemed to open of their own accord, freeing the Thunderclaws inside.