Unlikely friends

It's been a while and I deeply apologize I have been working on books to publish.

@loveyoulikealesbian tell your little sister I say happy birthday x

***

As the great King of Dragons soared through the sky, carrying Oakley, Hiccup, their friends, and their families, Oakley's heart raced with a mix of exhilaration and concern. The winds whistled past their ears as they flew towards their homeland, Berk, preparing for the imminent arrival of the notorious dragon hunter, Drago.

Oakley clung tightly to the dragon's back, her unique bond with dragons allowing her to communicate effortlessly with the magnificent creature beneath her. She directed the King of Dragons to stay on course, keeping a watchful eye on the others to ensure their safety during the journey.

Finally, the moment arrived when the massive dragon cast its shadow over the familiar lands of Berk. The village, nestled amidst the rugged cliffs, lay below them like a patchwork of tiny houses and bustling activity. It was a sight that filled Oakley with both pride and a renewed sense of responsibility.

As the King of Dragons gently touched down, Oakley hopped off its back, landing gracefully on the ground. She took a deep breath, feeling the cool breeze of her homeland, and a moment of solitude beckoned her. She turned to her brother, Hiccup, and the rest of the riders.

"I thought you said Drago was coming here?" Snotlout thought. "How did we beat him here?"

"He must be regrouping, resting before the attack." Astrid realized.

"I'm gonna take a walk," Oakley announced. Astrid immediately stepped forward, only for the brunette to halt her. "Alone." She added. "I just need some time alone," Oakley. "I need to clear my head and figure out how we're going to prepare for Drago's arrival. Trust me, I promise I'll join you all at the arena in an hour."

Understanding the weight of the situation and Oakley's need for solitude, Astrid nodded, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Take your time, Oak. We'll be here when you're ready."

With a grateful smile, Oakley ventured off, her steps light and purposeful as she walked along the familiar paths of Berk. The village was a reflection of the resilience and unity of its inhabitants, and she drew strength from that spirit.

As Oakley wandered through the bustling streets, her mind buzzed with ideas. She knew that preparing for Drago's arrival required a comprehensive plan, one that united the dragons and the people of Berk in a common cause. The thought of her friends, family, and fellow riders facing such a formidable enemy fueled her determination. And without their dragons, they would have to work a thousand times harder.

She made her way to a secluded spot on the outskirts of the village, overlooking the vast sea that stretched out before her. The waves crashed against the rocky shore, their rhythmic sound providing a soothing backdrop to her thoughts.

Oakley stationed herself on the sand, tucking her knees to her chest. As Oakley settled into her spot, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of the impending battle, she felt a presence behind her. Turning around, she discovered Snotlout standing there, wearing an uncharacteristically soft expression on his face.

"What are you doing here, Snotlout?" Oakley asked, a mixture of surprise and curiosity in her voice and a little frustrated.

Snotlout shrugged, his usual bravado momentarily replaced by a hint of vulnerability. "I saw you heading here, and I... I thought maybe you could use some company. And, uh, maybe I could use a break too."

Oakley regarded him for a moment, realizing that perhaps a little distraction and companionship wouldn't hurt. She patted the spot next to her, inviting Snotlout to sit down. Together, they gazed out at the vast expanse of the sea, the waves crashing against the rocks below.

Silence enveloped them, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was a tranquil stillness that allowed their minds to unwind. Oakley felt the tension in her shoulders easing as she watched the ebb and flow of the ocean.

"You know, Snotlout," Oakley began softly, breaking the silence. "Sometimes, we get so caught up in our responsibilities and the weight of the world on our shoulders that we forget to take a moment for ourselves. It's important to find that balance, to clear our minds and find peace amidst the chaos."

Snotlout nodded, his eyes fixed on the horizon. "You're right, Oak." She turned toward him. "Sorry, Oakley." He corrected, knowing that Oak was a nickname for her friends, and they weren't exactly close. "I never really thought about it that way. We've got a lot on our plate, but we can't let it consume us completely. We're just kids, I think we've started to forget that." Oakley gasped at the sudden realization that Snotlout of all people had given her.

"Maybe that's the problem." She thought. "We're trying so hard to be the warriors our parents are, to be adults, chiefs, soldiers." She continued.

"What are you getting at?"

"Maybe we need to start thinking like kids?" She noted. "Just be us. It's never failed us before."

As they sat there together, Oakley and Snotlout found solace in each other's presence. The worries and burdens that had weighed heavily on their minds began to melt away, replaced by a sense of camaraderie and understanding.

Time seemed to stand still as they enjoyed the tranquility of the moment. Oakley realized that she didn't have to face the challenges ahead alone. With her friends by her side, she had a support system that would stand by her through thick and thin. She closed her eyes, letting the sea breeze whip through her hair, as she focused her mind on the challenge at hand. With each breath, she felt a growing sense of clarity and purpose. Ideas began to take shape, strategies formed, and a plan emerged in her mind.

Eventually, as the sun started to dip below the horizon, casting vibrant hues across the sky, Oakley turned to Snotlout with a grateful smile. "Thank you, Snotlout. I needed this more than I realized."

Snotlout grinned back at her, his usual swagger returning. "Hey, what can I say? I have my moments."

"You know, when you're not trying too hard, and just being yourself, you're a pretty great guy, Snotlout. And you're a good friend, you just need to stop pretending." Oakley planted a gentle kiss on Snotlout's cheek.

With newfound clarity and a sense of relaxation, Oakley and Snotlout rose from their spot and made their way back to the village. As they rejoined their friends and family, Oakley carried a renewed spirit within her, ready to face the challenges that lay ahead.

Little did they know that their time of solace and shared reflection would strengthen their bond and contribute to the resilience of the Berkians as they prepared to confront Drago and protect their home. Together, they would face whatever came their way, united in purpose and friendship.

As she rejoined her friends and family, Oakley found solace in their supportive gazes. They knew she had been deep in thought, preparing herself and, more importantly, preparing them all for the imminent battle with Drago. Oakley took a deep breath, ready to share her vision and rally the people of Berk.

"Listen, everyone," Oakley began, her voice strong and determined. "We have a tough road ahead of us, but we have each other. With the power of dragons and the resilience of Berk, we will stand against Drago. If there's one thing I've learned in the past year it's that we are stronger as a team. We trust each other, and it works. Together, we can overcome anything, right."

As Oakley's words echoed through the village, the people of Berk gathered around, their spirits ignited by her unwavering resolve. With newfound determination, they joined forces, ready to face Drago and protect their home.

Little did they know that Oakley's moment of solitude had sparked a flame that would guide them toward victory.

***