Below the Ocean

"Okay, Gang. Remember, this ship is riddled with booby traps. So, watch your step." Hiccup warned.

"We don't even know what we're looking for!" Snotlout moaned.

"Anything out of the ordinary," Oakley explained simply.

The riders searched and searched. Nothing. Hiccup and Oakley entered the commander's quarters.

"How are you holding up?" Hiccup asked his sister. "With the whole, powers situation?"

"Really?" Oakley sighed as she began searching the room. "You wanna do this now?"

"Oak,-"

"Hiccup, I can't do this right now. Okay?" Oakley snapped, refusing to make eye contact.

"That bad, huh?" Hiccup sighed, sympathetically.

"Yes!" She spun around, gesturing wildly. "Hiccup, I spent my whole life trying to control those stupid powers and Astrid's done better in a few hours than I did in sixteen years."

Toothless began nuzzling his rider.

"But, she had you to teach her. You were learning it all by yourself." He explained. "Not now, Bud." He said to his dragon. The Night Fury huffed by and headed over to his rider's sister instead.

"Look, Hiccup." Oakley sighed. "Those powers are not a gift. They are a curse. They are out of control and cause nothing but pain and misery. There were times when I would have done just about anything to make it stop. When I wished that somebody would understand, this isn't what I meant."

Toothless let out a roar, demanding attention.

"Toothless?" Hiccup wandered over to finally see what his dragon was looking at. "There's nothing there, Bud."

"Astrid!" Oakley called. The blonde raced into the room.

"What's the matter?" She wondered.

"The dragons see something that we can't." The brunette grasped Astrid's hand and led her towards the dragons. Stormfly let out a squawk.

"There's a picture on the wall." She said as she made her way through the mob of Dragons. "It's a girl, stood beside a huge dragon. Possibly bigger than the Red Death."

Oakley thought hard for a moment or two.

"Astrid, come over here a sec." She requested. The blonde did as asked. "Toothless, blast." She pointed to the wooden ceiling above them.

The Night Fury shot a plasma blast through the roof, allowing the sun to shine through.

"Astrid, amber." The blonde obliged, filling the hole with Deathsong amber. Oakley stepped into the filtered spotlight, glowing turquoise. "Come here, Girl." She gestured to her dragon, who joined her.

"Yellow?" Hiccup stated. Oakley nodded.

"I bet Stormfly is too." Oakley wagered. The Nadder join her.

"How did you know?" Astrid wondered.

"Toothless is green. Just like Windshear."

"Oak, care to explain?" Hiccup asked as the other two dragons proved her point.

"Wait!" Astrid halted. "I hear something!" She gazed around the room for a moment.

"Wow, it sure is quiet in here." Snotlout mentioned as he and the twins joined them below deck.

"Shhh," Heather warned.

"What? What did I do?" He wondered.

"Snotlout, shut up." Oakley hissed. "Astrid, what is it?"