Heather's Help

Heather and Windshear landed on a cliff on Icestorm Island to find Oakley stood at the very edge. Her hair lit up in those famous blue flames. StarGazer was wrapped around her legs, protectively.

"I can hear you, Heather."

"I didn't say anything," Heather stated.

"You didn't have to," Oakley admitted, still looking out over the island. "Your thoughts are coming through loud and clear."

"Right," Heather sighed. "Sorry."

"I'm not gonna jump, Heather."

"Okay, could I please have a chance to express my own thoughts?" Heather requested.

"Sorry. Can't help it."

Heather approached the brunette and sat a meter or two away. Oakley let out a sigh and her hair returned to normal.

"Heather, why are you here?" Oakley asked as she slumped down on the snow.

"Honestly, because Astrid's mother told me to." Oakley chuckled. "But I do want to help. But I can't... if you won't let me."

"It's just..." Oakley sighed. "Everybody thinks these powers are some amazing gift. They don't understand all the struggles that come with it."

"Like what?"

"Like hurting people. People I love. They are out of control. It's not a gift, it's a curse." Oakley growled.

"But you were doing so well. You were in control."

"Heather, my powers are tied to my emotions. If I can't control my emotions, I can't control my powers." Oakley explained. A few moments of silence fell over the two girls. Oakley let out a sigh. "I just need to know more. About who I am. About this prophecy."

Heather thought for a moment. She hopped up off the ground, dusting the snow off her outfit before offering Oakley a hand up. "Let's go."

"Go where?" Oakley asked. She took Heather's hands and stood off the ground.

"I know someone who might be able to help. Please just trust me."

***

Heather led Oakley to a remote island, due north. She led her deep into the snowy forests until they reached an opening.

"It's a giant igloo." Oakley pointed out, sarcastically, staring at the large shelter.

"Trust me. If this woman can't help you, then I don't think anyone can." Heather admitted. She cupped her hands over her mouth, making a strange sort of howling sound.

A few seconds passed before a woman emerged from the icy dome. She was around her early forties. She had long brown hair and dark grey eyes, a friendly face, and a welcoming smile.

"Heather?" She said softly as the raven-haired rider embraced her in a friendly hug. "What brings you here?"

"I was wondering if you might be able to help me with something." Heather turned to her friend who was standing rather nervously beside her dragon.

The woman froze before taking a step closer, and then another. "That's... not possible."

Oakley backed away, feeling a little frightened.

"Oakley?" The woman said. "Oakley Haddock?"

"D-Do I know you?"

"No, but I know you." The woman gestured for the young girls to follow her inside.

***

"I am Shiva." The woman introduced as the young teens sat themselves down by the warmth of the fire. "Who's this?" She asked as she began to pet Oakley's dragon.

"StarGazer..." Oakley told her. "I don't understand. How do you know me?"

"You have a gift, my child. A gift like no other." Oakley rolled her eyes. "When your powers were first discovered, your mother brought you to me, in search of answers."

"You knew my mother?" Oakley asked with curiosity. Her father never spoke about her mother, she really knew nothing about her. She longed to find out more.

"Indeed. Valka Anderson of Oakland Bay. She was a dear friend of mine."

As much as Oakley longed to learn more about her mother, she needed answers about herself.

"But how did you recognize me? After all these years?" Oakley asked.

"Your soul, Dear." Oakley looked at the woman and furrowed her brow in confusion. She turned to heather.

"Shiva sees things that others don't. She saw your aura." Heather explained.

"My aura?"

"Every living being has an aura. A glow that surrounds them. Humans of good nature have a white aura, those of bad nature have a black aura. You, my Dear, have neither."

"So, I'm not good or bad?"

"You really don't know, do you?" Oakley shook her head. "Your aura is shown through your eyes. Turquoise with a hint of lilac."

"So, I'm really not human?" She asked.

"Shiva, tell us about the prophecy." Heather requested.

"The young one shall bring forth a time of prosperity and a change of leadership. A night within a day, when the sky turns gray, a forbidden relationship shall spark the uprise of two kingdoms as one and the world will be forever changed." Oakley recited.

"This is a false prophecy," Shiva explained. She noticed the confused looks on the girl's faces. "The prophecy holds some truth but remains vague and ordered incorrectly." She continued. "A forbidden relationship has sparked the uprise of two kingdoms as one. A night within a day, when the sky turns gray, the young one shall bring forth a time of prosperity and the two shall strike a change of leadership fusing those kingdoms for all time, and the world will be forever changed."

"Can we just start from the beginning, please?" Oakley pleaded as the confusion washed over her. "How did I even get these powers? Of all the people in the world, why me?"

"Your mother, like your brother and yourself, loved dragons. She believed peace was possible. She did everything she could to end the war and in doing so, she saved the lives of hundreds of dragons. She risked her own life every day to protect them."

"She did?" Oakley asked.

"Indeed. And in return, the Gods rewarded her, with you." Shiva explained.

"But, why didn't Hiccup get powers?" Heather asked. Oakley was suddenly curious. Hiccup was two years older than Oakley, so why did she have powers but he didn't?

"Hiccup Haddock was born early into this world. The village feared he wouldn't survive. It takes someone of great strength to wield such power."

"But, Hiccup is one of the strongest people I know," Oakley admitted.

"He has grown stronger over the years, yes. But you, my Dear, are stronger. Perhaps you just don't see it yet." Oakley shook her statement off. 

"So, mom saved the dragons, and the Gods gave me powers. But, what about the prophecy? I don't understand what I'm supposed to do."

"Only time will tell, my Dear. But I can tell you this." Shiva leaned in close and spoke softly. "When the ground shifts, and the heaven's bleed, two worlds will become one. On this day, only the purest souls, shall right what has been wronged." The woman sat back up straight. "Now, why don't you tell me why you're really here?"

"What do you mean?" Oakley questioned. Shiva looked at the young brunette, focusing intently.

"People don't understand you. The struggles you face." Oakley nodded in amazement. 

"I just wish someone would understand how hard it is sometimes." She declared. Soon five glowing lights emerged from the tawny-haired rider and floated through the roof. "What was that?!"

"I believe you just got your wish," Shiva explained. Oakley and Heather looked at one another before returning their gaze to the older woman. "You girls should head back. It's getting dark."

***