Chapter~7

~🌙~

A F T E R A N I G H T filled with passion and desire with my wonderful mate I went home. Vincent walked me to outside my house and we bid our goodbyes. I walked into my cold and dark hallway and headed straight for my bed.

I learned a lot about Vincent during our night together. He is an only child but he does have a lot of cousins his age from his mother's Spanish side. He goes to Spain a lot and since he is half Spanish he obviously knows the lingo quite well.

He talked about how he and his father clash a lot he didn't say why though, my guess is they're just total opposites. Apparently his dad became cold when Vincent was about five, due to his mother being unable to conceive other alpha pups. Since then he's just been a total asshole according to Vincent.

He's lucky to have Vincent plus he's a male, it's what every alpha wants, a strong son to lead the pack into greatness once he steps down. Some people can't even conceive one child and he's moaning about having a strong healthy male.

It's a fucked up world that's for sure. I know I won't be able to hold my tongue when I meet Vincent's father if he tries to disrespect me or my mate in any way.

I come to the realisation that the ball is happening in less than 15 hours after I check the time on my phone. I set it aside on the bedside table and curl up into my sheets.

A sense of safety and comfort washes over me, just like how I feel when I'm with him. I may sound crazy but I honestly believe that I'm in love, something I wasn't sure existed.

It's a great feeling, having someone who thinks about you and cares for you. Someone to love and pour your heart out to. Someone to fall back on when times get tough, I can now see why everyone is desperate for it.

With that last thought I close my eyes and drift off to sleep...

"HADLEY!"

I slowly wake up but still keep my eyes shut tight after hearing a muffled high pitched screeching.

"HADLEY YOU BETTER BE UP AND GETTING READY WE ARE LEAVING FOR THE BALL VERY SOON" my whinging mother screams.

I don't reply back to her but start to open my eyes gradually, noticing the orange sky from the setting sun in my view.

I gave out a little yawn and a stretch before reaching over for my phone only to see it was nearly half 5.
I try to adjust to the blazing light before me which slightly nips at my eyeballs, making them water.

I'd noticed a few texts from Maya which I decided to reply to first before doing anything else.

{Heyyyyy who's ready to P-A-R-T-I-E!!!}

I had to look at the word party twice, slightly taken back at the fact my friend can't spell one of the most simple words. I mean it's spelt how it sounds so how has she done it wrong?

{You should come over to mine so we can get ready together and have a few sneaky pre partie drinks.} She also sends a winky face which I can't help but chuckle at.

{How in the hell have you spelt a simple word wrong Maya? I'm very disappointed in you, clearly werewolf school is dumbing you down!} I reply.