Chapter~37

Matteo POV

The large what looked to be a ballroom was filled with talking and loud voices as I entered through the grand dark oak doors.

People stopped to look and quieted down when they saw me and my army coming through to join them in hearing the alpha families speech.

I browsed around the room at the ordinary wolves, some mated, some standing with friends and family. There were no children here however, only adults and teens sixteen and over.

We stayed put at the back of the room, the one farthest from the stage. I couldn't be close to it as I knew I would see him.

A surge of anger courses through my blood but I have to hold back and remember that I was here to do a job for my best friend.

The talking amongst the wolves of blue stone got quieter and quieter while looking at us, some with curiosity, some with fear and some with downright dismay at the foreigners on their land.

Anybody has a problem they can come to me directly and I will be happy to snap their necks. I sound like Hadley and that scares me.

I really miss her I usually see her everyday, so not seeing her over the past ten-ish days has me missing her. I mean of course she's away on business sometimes and I'm away doing my own stuff but I don't know, maybe because this is her old home and a strong part of her past.

Her presence lingers here that's for sure, no matter how long she's been away. She's coming soon though, but not onto this land. She's staying in the nearby town.

Everyone stops talking and their eyes advert to the stage where the alpha family takes their place facing the pack.

There is the previous alpha and what looks to be the previous luna. I go down a line of people until I see the one, the one who haunts all her dreams.

His hair was dark Ashe and slicked back but just a little long at the back, his face had a full on black beard but what was the most striking was the eyes, pale blue. Creepy, dude looked like a ghost with those eyes.

Standing next to him was a woman with hair that was dark brown with a reddish tinge and brown eyes. She had a pale complexion but not ghostly pale. I knew who those people were.

They both held hands and smiled at each other before looking over the hall at the pack. They didn't even glance in my direction.

Vincent clears his throat and hardens his exterior as he glances around at everyone with just his eyes, not moving his head along with them.

If he was trying to come off intimidating it didn't work for him and frankly he just looks stupid.

"I've gathered everyone in here right now because I need to discuss where we go from here in regards to this war with this wild male who is savaging and slaughtering our kind. He is slaughtering families, friends, allies, neighbouring packs. He's getting too out of hand. Everyone eighteen and over who is male will be participating in this war, we need as many bodies to fight as we can get. My advice to all the mated males in the room, is to mate your female before you go to war so that if you fall you may have a chance at successfully producing pups to keep the pack numbers up and to keep our race strong. Females will be staying at myself and the luna's home with all the pack children. You will be guarded by many men who will surround the area and keep you safe until we have triumphed in taking down this evil and pathetic alpha" Vincent spoke strong, used my hand gestures and took a hold of his ladies hand when informing every female that they would be staying in the alpha and luna's home.