chapter~21

Clementine Valley- December 24th 2044

"I felt as though my world turned pitch black, as if i had went blind. I couldn't see what was in front of me. My body just completely froze up" A gruff voice spoke from across the large brown mahogany table.

Arlo let out a breath while listening to his boss' history. He was in the presence of the biggest godfather of all godfathers. The dominance radiating off of this leader was intense to say the least.

"Whiskey?" the godfather offered a glass with some Macallan Lalique.

Arlo nods and takes the glass between his fingers.

"I acquired the taste of this during my travelling days"

"How long ago was that?" Arlo enquired.

The godfather paused in thought, bringing a finger to their bottom lip.

"Twenty years ago" The slightly deep voice spoke again.

A sip is taken by the godfather of their favoured whisky, which lets not forget they acquired through travel. The Scottish highlands to be exact.

"I have an old friend in Scotland who introduced me to such a fine liquor. I haven't seen her in years right enough, we tend to keep in touch here and there. She's a very private sort of lady"

"So like you then?" Arlo chuckles and takes a swig of the divine whiskey.

"Yes, however, i'm a lot more reserved emotionally than she is"

"Don't i know it" Arlo said to his leader and best friend.

"It took months for you to open up to me, and i'm really the only person in this whole god damn operation who knows your real name" Arlo stated.

The godfather chuckled "My real name is, and has always been...Sombre"

~

December 24th 2021

I watched Hayley groan and curl up on the floor at the bottom of the steps. The kitchen was dimly lit but i could see her on the floor in pain, tremendous pain. I rush myself down the stairs, hitting every step with a harsh thump.

I reach the ground at the end of the staircase and fall down next to Hayley.

"Oh my god, Oh my god. What do i do" i say to myself as i scoop Hayleys head and shoulders into my arms and set her on my lap.

I almost tear up at the whole situation. She's a fucking bitch and i hate her but do i really want her to die? I wasn't actually too sure about that question.

I was getting worked up because i knew how this would go down. I am going to get the blame for this, no fucking doubt. Why else would she throw her pregnant ass self down a whole flight of stairs?

Hayley's high pitched wail brought me away from my mind.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask her in a panicked voice. I was totally useless right now.

Hayley cries out after my question which leads me to believe she isn't going to tell me what i should do to help her, i was all alone, or so i thought.

I hear the front door get pushed open with such a force the sound echoed throughout the whole house. Heavy fast footsteps approach the kitchen where Hayley lay screaming with me holding her and looking frantic as ever.

Pale blue eyes catch my own grey ones and they linger for a good three to four seconds before the sound of my sisters shrieks of agony make us both pull away to look at her.

"V-Vincent" she sobs and reaches for him "H-help"

He quickly lowers himself down to our level and touches Hayley's cheek, his hand wanders down to her own which is clutching a small pouch of protruding stomach, where their pup was possibly dying.

Vincent looks deep into her eyes. I can see the love, the sadness, even the fear. He was scared they weren't going to make it.

Suddenly i felt like an intruder. This became a private moment for them, that i was caught up in the middle of. I wanted to be anywhere but here right now.

"Come on!" Vincent speaks gently as he lifts my sister up into his arms so he is carrying her bridal style. She moans in his arms at the pain but then snuggles into my mate. Well her mate...Our mate.

Without giving me a second glance Vincent storms out of the kitchen and makes his way to what i am assuming to be the pack doctor, i mean there's no where else he could take her, unless to Sarah if she's even here.

I stand up and inspect where i was just seated. Specks of blood are on the floor in little droplets. I wasn't sure what part of Hayley the blood was coming from, but i could take a guess. That baby wasn't going to live.

~🌙~

Shorter chapter today because I felt like bringing something out for you all. This story is almost at 1k and that is just crazy. So thank you to everyone who has been reading and following this story. Also a big thanks to the people who vote and comment it really motivates me to keep going!
Happy reading, happy dreaming
~✨~