Chapter~29

O U R C A R T O O K us to a pretty white mansion in Versailles, just outside of Paris. The grounds of this mansion were well kept, with the pathway to the front of the house lit up, fairy lights strung up on the trees surrounding the building.

My host was waiting outside the entrance, a soft smile on her face. Celestè was wearing a tight white dress that stopped just below the knee, a cropped white blazer over it. Her hair was wavy and resting over her shoulder. Her lips were still as ruby red as ever, red lipstick was her signature.

I looked over at Matteo, looking out my side of the window at Celestè, his mouth was slightly open.

"You'll catch flies" I say subtly and open my door instead of waiting for the driver. Matteo said nothing, shook his head and also exited the vehicle.

I sling my tote over my shoulder and walk up the few steps to get to Celestè. She smiles when I approach her and pull her into a tight hug. "Hey" I say almost teary.

Every time I see her it just brings back a load of memories, mostly about that night when she took me back to the shop and nursed me back to health before popping a couple of grand in a suite case and sending me off to the airport.

"How are you jolie fille?" she asks me in a sweet tone.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. How are you?" I breathe as we release one another.

"I'm very well" she responds with her smile still present. "How was your trip?"

"Yeah it was good, got here in one piece" i tell her.

A very forced clear of the throat made myself and Celestè turn our focuses to behind me where Matteo was grinning like the cheshire cat.

"Is this your friend?" Celestè questions me while looking at Matteo with a slight smile.

"Yes this is-" I'm cut off trying to introduce my Hispanic companion by the man himself.

"Hola Celestè my name is Matteo" he steps forward and extends his hand to hers. She gently places her smaller hand in his bigger one.

Instead of a normal greeted handshake Matteo brings her hand to his lips, placing a gentle kiss on them.

I give him a disgusted look, I don't know what he's playing at but I definitely don't want to be in this intimate moment with them both. He's being weird.

She looks at her hand in his that had just been kissed and he at her face. His dark eyes staring into her bright ones.

She smiles and looks at him in the eyes then slowly removes her hand and places it by her side.

"Well if you would like to follow" her voice insistent and she turns her back to us.

We all enter into the house through large white French doors, the whole house was a black and white theme with some mixed marble throughout.

It was classy and tasteful for sure which I would expect from Celestè, classy and tasteful seems to be her whole persona.

We are directed to our rooms which were on the first floor of the fancy mansion. After walking up a black spiralled staircase we made it to our rooms. Matteo's being just across the hall from mine.

As soon as I enter my room I don't unpack anything, I'm not that kind of girl. Anywhere I go I never unpack my stuff, it's never a long stay anyway.

I hurl my suitcase onto the white crisp bed and unzip it. Rummaging through my piles of folded clothing until I come across a white flowy skirt that's longer in the back and shorter in the front. Then a black cropped bralette with a short light blue jean jacket and some black sandals to match.

I felt like wearing something summery even though it was freezing cold outside. Celestè... being in her presence makes you feel warm. Like your whole body is being kissed by the summer rays.

I stare at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess so I brushed through the long blonde tugs with a small comb and then pushed my hair behind my ears.

I love being alone but, my thoughts always back me into a corner and suddenly the feeling of being alone makes me sad.

Matteo was right. I wasn't over my shit. My pain and trauma just keeps coming out. My whole childhood from the moment I could remember things up until I was kicked out of blue stone, my old home.

Well in saying that it was never really my home, just a house, with four walls. Just people who I could never get along with, just a community that I never really fitted in with, cuz I'm different. It is what it is really.

I'm now forty years old, and what do I have to show for it? Fuck all. A business yeah sure? An empire? Yeah sure. Money? Yeah. Sure.

But I have no family, not really. No spouse, no kids. And what are we without family. People to belong to.

I always contradict myself in my thoughts. My friends are my family but it still isn't a mom or dad, a husband and kids. My business is great, the money is great but it's not bonding me to anything.

Eventually all these people in my life like my friends, they will find mates, have families.

Eventually I'll have nobody. Not even Matteo, he won't stick around forever. He's got his own path to follow, I guess I just hate admitting that to myself. I don't know what I'd do without him. I don't know what I will do without him when the time comes.

I bring my face into my hands and blow out a breath of stress. I feel like screaming so much. I fucking hate this life, it could be worse I suppose but that's hard to see when worse is all I've ever known. Everything gets worse!

~🌙~

I'm sorry I kept you all waiting. I realise this chapter is long over due. Hope you enjoy