Chapter~5

~🌙~

I N  T H E  E N D I decided to head home since I had no where else to go, the walk home was a slow one though.

I took as much time as I possibly could until I ended up back at the house. It was warm when I entered through the front door.

There was no sound when i walked towards the stairs indicating everyone was in bed. I ran up to my room in light foot steps and closed my door once I entered.

The room was dark and slightly cold, just the way I liked it. I smile, face plant into my bed it was so warm and cosy.

I took off my ripped leggings and dirty clothes and threw them across the room. I shuffled closer into the centre of the bed and cuddled into myself and my covers.

Nothing could be better than being in a warm bed after being cold and tired and mentally drained.

I think about the events from this past night, from my dad attacking me and mom telling me I'm a disappointment to everyone to Vincent, my mate.

My mate, my soulmate, my wolfs mate

Maybe Vincent will help bring my wolf out and I can finally shift. But do I want to become a full fledged werewolf? I like being normal.

What will Vincent think when he finds out I don't have a wolf? Does he even want me? I mean I don't know why he would.

I can't shift, I don't wanna be a pack member and everyone is ashamed of me and he wants me to be a Luna?

God his family will think I'm a joke, so will the whole pack. I kinda wish that me and Vincent didn't find each other so soon.

Or at all!

I roll my eyes at myself for being so stupid and letting my negativity consume me. I close my eyes and eventually fall into a dark peaceful slumber.

Vincent is the one intruding my dreams the whole night. I guess being away from him is making my mind conjure up different scenarios about us.

Like us being back where we met in the woods, in the large patch of grass all closed off with trees. However the vibes I got from when we met weren't the same ones in my dream.

The atmosphere felt more tense, more grim. I was fearful of him, for whatever reason. He just stared at me, with eyes grey that pierced through my own.

This wasn't the same Vincent I met in the woods for real, it was as if he was a different person. Suddenly Vincent starts running for me.

I stood frozen, feet completely glued to the grass. I gasped as he came right up in my face with his claws digging into my shoulder.

He knocks me down, my feet no longer glued. My head hit the ground hard, my heart racing. I opened my eyes to see my bedroom.

The dawn skylight shining through my blinds. The autumn air proceeding through the room. I was glad to be awake. Even though it was early, it was better than the bad scenario that played in my head.

I rub my forehead to feel the heat of it and wasn't surprised to find it hot. I wasn't sweating however, just over heating.