Chapter~8

~🌙~

T H E D R I V E T O the ball was short which made me very nervous. I wasn't good around new people and meeting Vincent's parents was going to be tough.

I would do anything for my mate though, he's just so amazing. How did I get so lucky? I'll never understand what I did to make the universe reward me this much.

The limo pulled up outside of the pack house which made me begin to bite the inside of my cheek. My right leg bounces up and down at a fast pace while I look at the entrance to the ball.

Using the word nervous was an understatement I was genuinely frightened of tonight's events. Hopefully Vincent will be able to calm me down and keep my emotions in check.

The car door opens and we all exit one by one. My sister takes James' arm as usually the females are escorted into these kind of events. My mother and father also link arms.

My brother Cole looks at me and extends his arm to which I stick up the finger at him. Was I hell going to walk into the ball playing happy families.

Also it's pretty sexist that I would have to be escorted in when I can walk in fine by myself, I'm a modern day woman.

He lowly growls but says nothing then walks along with everyone else. I follow on behind like the black sheep of the family that I am.

The hallway of the pack house was grand indeed. Customised with cream glass marble flooring, golden frames with elegant paintings which were held up by nude coloured walls.

African Blackwood units that had luscious white and pink roses in white gold vases and mini Crystal chandeliers that hung not so low from the ceiling.

The pack house was an impressive historic building that's for sure. It has never been renovated or changed from its original design.

It's used for balls and sometimes meetings with other packs to discuss general pack business. Because of its size, the packs that are in ally with us usually will travel here since the building can accommodate up to three packs which tend to have around three hundred members each.

The alpha and lunas estate is only five minutes away from here, their home is the largest house on the land however this building is a lot bigger.

I notice my family are a little ahead of me so I lightly jog up to just behind my two brothers Chase and Cole.  My foot steps make a tiny echo which makes both my brothers turn to me.

Chase grabs my arm harshly and pushes me passed them with Hayley and James being right in front of me.

I punch Chase in the shoulder and grit my teeth which I do when I become angry and stressed out. I wish my siblings would stop pushing me around.

We all keep walking throughout the long, never ending hallway until we reach a large set of chestnut doors which had some sort of floral earthy engraving.

With a creek the doors are opened by two men at either side revealing the well decorated ball room.

Everyone turns their heads toward the sound and the place is silent. Slowly we all make our way inside. People are bowing and curtsying to my father, this action makes me scoff and shake my head. That man deserves no respect whatsoever.

Young females are eyeing up my brothers looking at them in a lustful way. Boac! I even notice some men staring at me and Hayley in the same way which makes me close to throwing up.

All I wanted was my mate, he made me feel many things in many different ways and these males would never be able to reach those highs like he does.

Speaking of my mate he is no where to be seen as the Alpha family are usually last to arrive. A trumpet goes off in the sound of an announcement coming.

I look at the grand staircase which is pushed to the back and in centre of the ball room. It's like a slow motion movie watching the alpha and Luna and their son make way towards the pack.

The Luna is giving a radiating smile, linked arm in arm with her male. Her dark green dress was pure perfection and matched her immensely. It went well with her dark features such as hair and eyes, she really stood out from the crowd.

She walked with sophistication and grace, something I would have to learn eventually. I take a moment to picture myself and Vincent in that position.

Walking together, greeting our pack. Showing a united front, and showing our love to not just each other but the whole community.

A grin makes its way into my face when fantasising about the future. It looked full of love, full of care.

As the Alpha family walk down the steps towards the ground of the ball I suddenly get a strange feeling in my stomach. It was like a dreaded feeling, something was going to happen.

I hear gasps as the Alpha and Luna are pushed back by a few warriors who are on guard. The whole moment went by so fast my brain couldn't catch up.

The large crystal chandelier that hung right in the middle of the ball room had snapped off of the ceiling and landed right beside me...

~🌙~