Chapter~18

I S P E N T   T H E  whole day at Sainte Clare's boutique trying to learn the ropes. Celestè was surprised at how fast I picked up the tasks she wanted me to do around the store.

It was an old fashioned register Celestè used, the pattern and colour on it sure was beautiful. It was covered in white gold and had a floral pattern with swirls.

I noticed as-well Celestè played classical music rather than your modern, mainstream music. The classical music was perfect since it seemed to de stress me.

Tchaikovsky's pieces were Devine and my personal favourite. I'd seen parts of the ballet 'Swan Lake' on YouTube but never in real life. The theatre, ballet or any kind of show was not something our pack were interested in. I don't think any werewolf is.

From the moment you are born it's drilled into you over and over that you must learn the ways of the werewolf world.

You must help with the pack and find your mate, and raise healthy pups which will continue the pack and bloodline.

Simple pleasures that the humans enjoy is not something a werewolf partakes in. We're not supposed to work anywhere other than the pack, or really do anything outside the pack. The pack is the centre of everything.

"Always honour your pack and it's principles, or the goddess above shall mark you as a sinner" I sigh while running my fingers over the white gold patterns on the register.

"Honour your pack when it honours you" Celestè preached confidently.

I nod at her then clear my throat "So when would you like me in to start?"

"Well today is Sunday, tomorrow is the start of the week. So can you start tomorrow morning?"

"Of course, thank you again Celestè I really appreciate this" I give her a small smile then start walking towards the exit.

"I just hope you'll be good company, I can't work with boring people!" I hear Celestè shout behind me which makes me giggle.

"See you"

"Au revoir"

I was hit with cold crispy air and it felt great on my skin. I was sweating back there in the boutique.

I begin my walk back to the hell hole I live in. To be honest I wouldn't have to leave so quickly if Vincent wasn't always around. It's like he lives there now.

Probably because of Hayley and the pup. He'll be super protective of her since she's growing his pup.

I grimaced at the thought. How did I really feel about the baby? The whole situation at hand?

I thought I felt numb, but little specks of sadness and anguish. It was a horrible predicament to be in.

I was shocked at me and Hayley having the same mate. It's unheard of in the community. I haven't come out about me and Vincent however, so no one has a clue of how bizarre the whole thing is.

It didn't take me long to reach the house and I couldn't wait to run in and hide away in my safe space, my bedroom.

As soon as I walked in the scent of sweet cranberries hit my nose. Entering the living room my eyes land on Vincent, who was sitting alone on the couch.

My eyes widen and I quickly rush past him towards the stairs. My steps go fast like a lightening bolt until I reach my bedroom.

My door closes with a bang and I begin breathing heavily. Why is he always here? And where the hell is everyone else?

My hands run down my face and I sigh. I give my cheeks a quick slap then have a few words with myself "Stop letting him get to you"

I connect my phone to my speaker and play a random song I had never heard before. It was slow and peaceful yet dark and depressing.

I turned it all the way up and began to dance around the room. Gracefully twirling and pointing my toes out as though I was a ballet dancer.

The music was making me feel things. Emotions I had felt during the short time I was with Vincent.

Sometimes I'd imagine dancing to different kinds of music with my mate. Him laughing at me and my ridiculous moves, then finally joining in.

Or us swaying to a romantic sweet song, which we would fall in love with and begin to call our own. So that every time we heard it, we would fall in love with each other all over again.

I had to think about my future and what I was going to do with myself once I finally leave this place. It was hard to picture myself with someone else.

The groom at the alter watching me walk down the isle was always Vincent in my mind. We would be shined upon by fairy lights which were beautifully wrapped around the trees that surrounded us.

It was just us there, alone and isolated from the rest of the world. We would dance under the stars with the moon gazing down at us.

My body reacted with a flushed feeling of warmth followed by goosebumps and a wave of sadness. My eyes welled up with tears.

Maybe it was the time to finally let out the feelings. All the pain, the anger, the distress. I wanted to let go of all my emotions. Maya was right, closure was my saviour.

But how could I get closure? I didn't want to talk to Vincent and let him know how much he's affected me. I bet he would thrive off of that, my pain.

I began pacing back and forth while wrapping one arm around my front and the other was brought up to my face as I began to chew on the top of my thumb.

My bedroom door suddenly creaked open then hard footsteps pounded my floor. Startled I gasped and stoped my movements, dropping my hands to my sides.

Vincent closed the door behind him and approached my bed. He sat at the bottom of my bed and began to stare at me. His pale blue eyes boring into mine.

He shakes his head at me and looks down at his shoes with a sigh. I struggle to understand him. His reason for being in here with me.

Last time we spoke he told me I was a mistake, all of it a blunder. Mistake. Weak. Mistake. Weak.

"I-"

I snap my head towards Vincent as I hear his powerful masculine voice. It soothes me so much.

He sighs again "Would you mind turning that down for a sec? I just need to say something"

I touch the buttons on my speaker to make the volume lower, but not completely turning it off. I turn back to him not saying a word.

"Hadley..." he begins then pauses again. It's as if he's struggling to get his words out.
"I'm sorry about what happened a few weeks ago, back when I was taking you to the dungeons. I shouldn't of marked you it was selfish of me. I just didn't like the scent of that male all over you. I do have a strong connection with your sister and I can't help that– also because of my pup she's carrying it's only strengthened that tie between us."

I was in disbelief at Vincent's confession and apology. My heart did sting when he spoke about Hayley and his future pup. I'd never experience motherhood, simply because I refuse to take another mate.

I nod at him and whisper a raspy 'thank you'. I feel the tears from earlier drop down my cheeks. Finally this was the end of my short chapter with Vincent. Or so I thought...

~🌙~

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been reading Vincent's betrayal. I've noticed on Wattpad it has gained a lot more attention and for that I am so bloody happy.
Every read, vote and comment means a lot!
I don't like to do a lot of authors notes as I believe it ruins the story, but I had to let my readers know I love every single one of ya!
Happy reading, happy dreaming
~~