Chapter~14

W E  W A L K E D H O M E through the pack woods foolishly, not realising we were about to be ambushed. I hadn't had many run-ins with feral wolves but I had fought a few in the past.

Within a split second a dark grey wolf emerged from the lengthy bright green shrub, which almost had a glow effect because of the moonlight.

"HADLEY!" Maya screams as the wolf tackles her to the ground. He snaps his teeth in her face, he's trying to scare his prey before he kills it.

Rogues don't process feeling like the average werewolf or human. The humanity side is completely lost or you could say totally switched off. It takes a lot to become this way.

They act like wild wolves, killing anything in sight. They don't travel in packs however, just become loners. Single wolves who travel alone and are wired to cause pain, death.

Before I can get to Maya another wolf appears out of nowhere, this one was white, pure white. Like a fast moving cloud. A very angry cloud.

They were so rare, so beautiful. But this one you could tell was too far gone to be saved.

It bared it's teeth which were surprisingly already red, coated in what I assumed was blood. Who else did they kill on the way here?

I turn my head for one second to Maya who is now shifted into her Sandy blonde wolf. She swapped positions with the wolf who tackled her to the ground as she gripped his throat from underneath and pinned him below her.

I turn back to the white wolf who is staring me down with the bloody teeth still in view. I attempted to talk to this wolf because I knew if I killed it my pack would be ashamed.

Killing the ever so rare, so majestic white wolf. I'd be thrown in the dungeons for sure.

"Maya" I say in a composed voice, so that I don't trigger this beautiful beast in front of me.

She doesn't acknowledge her name as she is once again flung underneath the red rogue. She takes action quickly and howls directly above, calling to the others.

'God damn it maya' I think to myself. I don't like the fact she's called for help. We can deal with this on our own. I'll just be seen as the pathetic kid who can't shift and can't defend herself without help of the pack.

In a flash I run toward Maya, I shove the rogues side with hard force away from her vulnerable position. He stumbles then falls onto the opposite side I touched. He growls furiously while getting back up on his paws.

Maya takes this opportunity to attack the red rogue while I deal with the white one. I shift my attention to the large white fluff ball which is shaking with rage. It's growls sound almost strangling, like it's struggling because it's so vexed. It may sound bizarre but that's the only way I could describe it.

It wasn't a perfect growl which means this wolf definitely has some issues with its throat and voice. It's possible it was attacked by another wolf and almost got it's vocal chords shredded to pieces.

"You want me? Come on then!" I raise up both my hands next to my head, letting the wolf think I'm surrendering.

It gives out what sounds like a faint scream and charges right for my little five foot five frame. This animal was huge next to me, like all wolves are.

Razor sharp red canines emerge from the whites gums and are ready to sink into my pale flesh. I duck when the wolf reaches a few metres away from my face. It runs right over me to which I very quickly spring myself back up and ambush the wolf from the back.

A surprise to the wolf, it rotates its head all the way around as if it was an owl, trying to take a nip at me. I pull it's scruffy neck at the top in attempts to make it fall over so I can reach the area around its throat.