Chapter 46

ⒿⓊⓃⒺ ⑦, ②⓪①⑧

I was sitting in the hospital room staring at the white wall in front of me. Ever since yesterday, everything has been a haze. My vision was blurry in my peripheral eyesight and voices seemed distant even if they were right next to my ear.

A hand was waved in front of my face and I blinked a few times before looking towards Daniel.

"Did you hear me?" He asks looking at me with his head tilted to the side.

"No sorry. What's happening?"

"We're going home. You get released today since they got you to one hundred pounds. It's not necessarily where they want it to be but it's better than what you were. They said average weight for someone your height and age is about one twenty" he said narrowing his eyes slightly. I just nod and look down at my sock covered feet.

Zach came into the room with my drawstring bag over his shoulder and my Nikes in his hand.

"You ready to go home?" He asks setting the bag down at the foot of the bed. I just nod and start moving my legs off of the mattress with some help.

The stitches in my side hurt with every tiny movement I did. My hand flew to my side when it got too bad like it was going to help with the pain somehow.

Daniel and Zach each grab one of my hands and help me stand on my feet. More pain flowed through me and I almost told them to sit me back down but I don't.

When I'm finally to my feet Daniel leaves the room and Zach starts pulling out the clothes he got from the hotel.

He helped me put the sweatpants over my feet and pulled them up to my waist before unbuttoning the back of the hospital gown.

I throw on the t-shirt he got which was one of Daniel's. He also helps me bring my hair up into a ponytail before slipping the shoes onto my feet and tying them.

Before we leave I went to the bathroom. While I was washing my hands I finally got a good glance at how awful I looked. Dark purple bags were under my eyes and my face was sunken in. My stomach was still super thin but not as bad as I was before the feeding tube. My ribs stuck out a good inch from my skin along with my hips.

Zach steps in front of me and lowers my shirt before making me look him in the eyes.

"What's going on?" He asked softly looking all over my face.

"Nothing" I whisper shaking my head. I push his hand away and walk out of the bathroom, grabbing the bag and throwing it over my shoulder.

Jonah walks into the room asking if we were ready to go which we just nodded and followed him out of the room. Jon signed the release papers and we left the big building that I never want to see again.

Getting on the bus hurt because you had to get up the steps and the stitches felt like they stretched my skin.

I had to pause on each step so the pain could calm down before I took the next one.

"And I'm up" I mutter as I got onto the last step. I walked past everyone on the couches and walked straight to the lounge to get some alone time and possibly some sleep.

Me thinking that I would finally be alone was a joke. I knew better than to think that. As soon as the lounge door started to close Corbyn stopped it and walked into the room making me groan.

"Can I not just be alone?" I mumble sitting down on the couch as carefully as I can.

"Ya see we would leave you alone if we weren't scared to"

"Wha- why?"

"Because we can't trust you that you won't try and hurt yourself" I just scoff and lay down on the couch resting my forearm over my forehead.

"So now I really have to have a babysitter. That's fucking great"

"Language" Corbyn snaps sitting down on the end of the couch. I stretch my legs out and lay them on top of his and he rests his hand on my shin.

The blonde opened his mouth several times to say something but would just close it right after. The process happened several times before he stopped and let out a sigh.

"Something you wanna say?" I ask sitting up slowly.

"It's stupid"

"If it's bothering you then it's most definitely not stupid Bean" the blonde just gave me that look of help me before opening his mouth again and nothing came out.

The lounge door opens again and Daniel was standing there with his backpack over his shoulder.

"We're at the hotel. And Adalyn you're rooming with me" he says pointing his finger at me. I just shrug and stand up to get all my stuff together.

Someone passed by me in the bunks and pushed me forward to where my stomach hit the things that separate the bunks making me hiss in pain.

Whoever did it probably didn't see me or didn't know it was me that they just hit but I'm not making a big deal out of it.

Before stepping off the bus Daniel asked if I wanted to ride his back so I wouldn't hurt myself getting off the bus. I just smile like a child and get onto his back resting my head in the crook of his neck.

"Is she good?" Someone asks chuckling slightly. I lift my head up with the same goofy smile and wave at Eben.

"She's happy she doesn't have to walk" Daniel laughs walking next to him as they enter the building.

"Pretty much" I mumble wrapping bringing my arms a little closer together.

I felt a tap on my elbow and I looked up being handed the hotel card. I take it from Jon's hand and place my head back down.

I heard a ding sound and figured we were in the elevator because it felt like we started moving.

I wasn't put back onto my feet until we were in the hotel room. The blue-eyed boy carefully placed me on my feet and I walked towards my bed laying down face first.

"Be careful. Don't rip your stitches" he warns laying down next to me on his back.

"You know what's fun about being openly gay with you?" He asked jokingly.

"You get to talk about cute boys with me" I giggle looking at him.

"Absolutely"

"So..." I begin dragging out the o sound and smirking. "Got your eyes on anyone Seavey?"

"No"

"You liar" I giggle rolling over onto my back.

"You wouldn't know him"

"Another lie"

"He's very shy"

"Lies"

"He doesn't have many friends and doesn't go on social media often"

"You know if there was an avatar for the power of being a liar it would be called truth bender. That's you" Daniel just lets out a small chuckle and sits up. He faces my body completely and crosses his legs in front of him playing with his hands in his lap.

"Promise you won't tell anyone?" He asks still not looking at me.

"Promise" he sticks out his pinkie finger and I giggle connecting them together.