Chapter 9

ⒿⒶⓃⓊⒶⓇⓎ ①⑥, ②⓪①⑧

Today has been a slow day. It's about 1:38 in the afternoon and I'm sitting in my room watching 13 Reasons Why.

"He fucking confessed," Tony said to Clay after hearing the tape.

I was interrupted by my phone playing Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers. I move the popcorn bowl from my lap and reach towards my phone that rested on the nightstand.

the demon

The contact name danced across the screen as I debated on answering the phone or not. Right as it was on its last ring I pressed the green button and held the phone up to my ear letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Adalyn I need to have a quick meeting with you" the older man spoke. I roll my eyes at his tone of voice and stand up stretching.

"Just me or everyone?" I ask walking to my closet. I slide on my black and white Nike tennis shoes while balancing my phone between my cheek and shoulder.

"Just you. I'll see you here in thirty minutes" David said and hung up. Wow. Didn't even let me respond that's nice of him.

"Hey, guys David just called me and said he had to have a meeting with me," I say rolling my eyes. I grab my purse and throw in my keys and my phone.

"Just you?" The oldest brunette asks pointing at me. I just nod my head and walk towards the door.

~time skip brought to you by my lack of imagination~

As I walk through the door of David's office building I see the blonde woman at the front desk. If you didn't know her well she would seem like a complete bitch but she's really not. She's super nice to anyone and everyone, she just has major resting bitch face but honestly who doesn't these days.

"Hey, Adalyn. You here for David?" She asks adjusting her glasses. I just nod my head making my lips form a straight line and she hands me the paper to fill out.

After getting the approval to go into David's office I walk out of the waiting room and to the stairs. Yes, there's an elevator but I've always been terrified that it would get stuck with me in there or the wires would break and send me flying downward.

I reach David's door and knock a few times. After hearing a muffled 'come in' I slowly twist the door knob and open the door to see a person facing David with their back towards me and David facing the door.

"Ahh, Adalyn there you are. I would like you to meet someone" the older man says standing up and gesturing towards the other person. This person stands up as well and turns to face me.

"Hey. I'm Mackenzie. Mackenzie Blake" he says with a smirk and extending his hand.

Mackenzie is a boy about a whole foot taller than me. He has brown hair that he kinda slicked back and he had green eyes a shade lighter than mine. He's muscular and had a few veins popping out of his arm. I get taken out of my thoughts by someone clearing their throat and I notice that I was staring at this guy the entire time.

"Oh sorry. I'm Adalyn. Moore" I say shaking his hand.

"How about both of you take a seat and I will explain why I called you both" David says sitting down and pulling his chair closer to his desk. He folds his hands together and waits for us to do the same.

I hesitantly reach for the chair and sit down waiting for an explanation.

"So I called both of you to discuss a contract. Adalyn, you've been getting a lot of hate from the fans since you're the only girl in the band, which we expected would happen. The limelights seem to see you as a threat since you are the only girl. Mackenzie here has also not been too great in the public eye and needs someone to help him with that. The agreement that Mackenzie's manager and I have come to is that we have you two fake date. It will only be until the limelight's stop attacking you and until Mackenzie can put his head back on straight and stop acting out in the public eye" my head was swirling with thoughts at this point and I didn't know what to do about it.