Chapter 30

ⒶⓅⓇⒾⓁ ④, ②⓪①⑧

"Hello Adalyn" he stood up straight right in front of me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I say looking him up and down.

"I came to see my daughter" he spoke so formally and confidently. I just wanted to laugh in his face.

"Well she's not here so move along" I sarcastically spoke moving my hands out in front of me telling him to move.

"I just came to get a second chance Adalyn Rae"

"You've had more than two chances. Why are you really here?"

"To get another chance" he spoke again just as clear, calm, and collected as the other times. I look him in the eyes then look down and around. I can't look at him in the eyes right now.

"There are no more chances" I whisper. I back up and go to shut the door again but his foot blocks it. He pushes the door open and walks in like he owns the place.

"Dude get the hell out" I yell throwing my arms out beside me. The boys stand up and I feel Zach behind me wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Don't talk to your father that way" the man yelled in my face pointing a finger at me. His face was red with anger and his veins on the side of his neck were sticking out like a sore thumb.

"Your not my dad. You never were-"

"Watch it," he said through gritted teeth.

"No, you watch it. You haven't been here for me my whole life. Mom raised me by herself. She was there for everything with me-"

"And I wasn't?" He yelled again.

"No you weren't" I yelled back "My first steps, my first words, the first time I sang, and when I realized that's what I wanted to do with my life, you were there for none of it. Why show up now? When I'm already out of the state and when I don't need you anymore? Mom is all I need and all I ever will need"

"You need a father just as much as a mother"

"I have Jon. He's been more of a dad this past year and a half then you ever will be" I'm trying my hardest to be strong and not let the tears fall and so far so good. I'm standing my ground and telling him everything I've kept in for years.

"Who the hell is Jon?" Jon, who was standing in the kitchen, stepped forward and was standing by my side, glaring at the man in front of us who I used to call my dad.

"Listen here Adalyn-"

"No. No, I will not listen. Look I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being good enough for you, for not being worthy enough for you to be there for me. I'm sorry that you wouldn't let me love you like a daughter should love their dad. I'm sorry that you weren't there to help me take my first steps or to hold my hand when I fell down. And I'm sorry that I won't let you keep coming in and out of my life like I'm some fucking train station" I took a step forward for each sentence I said. "But Jon, he's been there for me through a lot of shit. He even told me himself that I'm like his daughter and nothing would change that. Part of me just wishes that it was you instead. That it was you that cared for me as a father should. You were supposed to be the first man I ever loved, but now, I wouldn't even care if you left and I never saw you again. That's all I want" his attention shifted from my eyes up to Jon's and his eyes filled with hatred and anger.

"You," he says through gritted teeth. He lounges at Jon making me jump backward from the sudden movement. They started fighting and I tried to break them apart. Jonah, Corbyn, and Jack were pulling back the older blonde as Zach and Daniel were getting Jon. I stepped in front of the older blonde and pushed him back. He steadies himself quickly and pushed me to the side making me fall.

Hot pain filled my left arm as I tried breaking my fall. I push myself up and let out a scream of pain catching everyone's attention. The "fight" stops and Zach runs over to me taking me in his arms as I hold my wrist.

"Sweetheart I am so so sor-"

"Just leave. Please" I cut him off. I just want him to leave and I don't want to see him again. He nods his head sorry and walks towards the door, shutting it closed behind him.

"I can't move it. It hurts" I wince as I put the tiniest pressure on it. My mom takes my wrist from my right hand and places it in hers as she looks at it. She takes my other hand and holds them side by side comparing them.

"It's broken. You can see the bone sticking out a little right here" she whispered to Jon rubbing her finger on the knot lightly to not hurt me but I still hiss in pain.

~~~

imzachherron: guess who's broken👥: adalynmoore

👥: adalynmoore

Liked by mamamoore, mama.herron, and 809,527 other people

*comments disabled*
~~~

"I wanna play my guitar" I whine sitting on the couch.

We just spent 3 hours at the hospital getting a cast and X-rays.

"I can't believe they had to take 5 different X-rays because it was 'wrong'" mama said putting 'wrong' in quotation marks with her fingers.

"X-rays can't be wrong stupid my shits broken"

Mom was currently bringing out the artist in her drawing on my cast. I can't even describe what she drew but my guess is muscles and tendons.

"At least your right-handed," Jonah said trying to lift the mood a bit. I giggle a little and continue watching my mom do what she's great at.

"You should've been an artist," I say to her looking up at her face then back down.

"I would've. I got pregnant with you at a young age remember?" She asks.

"Yeah yeah I know. I'm just so awful" I sarcastically said laughing making her laugh as well.

"No I just wanted to give you a good life and college wasn't really an option cause no one would watch you so. You living your dreams is enough"

"One day imma treat you like you've treated me all these years. I'll make it to where you'll never have to work again" I whisper.

"I know you will baby. But until then, what do you think?" She asked putting the cap back on the marker. I looked down and smiled.

"Thanks, mama" I chirped kissing her cheek.