[Chapter 2] - The Not-So-Grand Entrance

It was around five o'clock in the morning, and Kwazii's alarm clock went off, ringing throughout his pod. He made sure that his alarm was loud enough so he could hear it, but quiet enough so he wouldn't wake everyone else up. His eyes slowly opened as he got used to the light shining through his windows. He flung his covers over and planted his feet on the ground. He still had his socks on. "Not that great of a start to the day, is it?" he asked to no one. Kwazii pushed himself off his bed, and got ready for the day.

He crept out of his pod as quiet as possible to make it to the kitchen to get some cereal. He knew no one would be awake yet, the rest of the crew got up around an hour or so later. Kwazii wanted to be up and energetic for when the rest of the crew got up. Kwazii smiled to himself as he poured his cereal. His attention span was very little, and his patience was low, but waiting until the rest of the crew was awake wasn't as boring as you'd think it would be. He saw so many wonderful sights as the sun rose in the early hours. The sunrises were very pretty in his opinion. Kwazii would make his way into the HQ just to see them. He grabbed his bowl and just as he was about to head to the HQ to watch the sun rise, he dropped it.

He dropped his bowl.

You would think it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it kind of was. The bowl wasn't glass, but it made the loudest sound ever. Thank God it didn't shatter.

Kwazii jumped backwards, afraid the pieces would fly upwards towards him if it did break. He plugged his ears and scrunched up his face. Looking towards the door to make sure no one was there, he got down on the floor to pick up the bowl and the scattered cereal pieces.

"What was that?"

There was a voice behind Kwazii. He looked behind him, and guess who was there? Yup, the captain. Just who he wanted to explain this to.
"Did I wake you up?" Kwazii asked raising an eyebrow. Barnacles shook his head 'no'.
"Not exactly."
Kwazii's face scrunched up again.
"What's that supposed to mean?" he questioned. The captain shook his head.
"Never mind," he said before walking over and crouching down.
"You want me to grab the broom?"

Kwazii didn't look up. "No, I'm fine, but thanks."

He reached for the smaller pieces on the floor.
"Are you sure?"
"Yep."
"Are you positive-"

Kwazii looked up at Barnacles. "I'm sure."
Barnacles's shoulders went slack. "All right. But I'm not going back to bed." Kwazii paused.
"Why not?" Silence hung in the air once again.
"Wouldn't matter."

As Kwazii picked up the last of the pieces off of the floor, he walked over to the trash.
"Okay, then," he said, his words trailing off.
"Why do you wake up this early? You could wake up when the rest of us do," Barnacles stated. Kwazii tensed up.

"I'm not saying."
"Why not?"

Kwazii slowly turned around. "Sometimes, I'll take my breakfast, go up into the HQ, and just sit there," he said, tilting his head.
"Just sit there?" Barnacles questioned.

"Well, not really. The sunrises aren't that bad here," Kwazii said as a smile crept onto his face.
"That's nice," Barnacles said, also smiling. The two looked at each other.
"I bet you I can make it to the HQ faster than you can, marshmallow," Kwazii said, grinning like an idiot. Barnacles glanced over at Kwazii.

"You're on."

Words: 621 Words
hhhh OK WE'RE ON A ROLL HERE HOW DO YALL LIKE THIS? sorry for the soft-ish things. it'll get WAY better, but for now, have some softness :)