[Chapter 20] - Error: Confidence Not Found

CW!!

This plan was like a puzzle, things were falling into place, but everything was upside down.

Or at least, to Kwazii things were.

But as he and Barnacles slept in the captain's pod, nothing bad about their latest plan came to mind. Nothing really could come to mind, the dude was in a deep sleep. He looked basically dead, which really didn't calm anyone down. Kwazii was against the wall, and Barnacles was against the headboard of his bed. Things were really quiet, but that was a good thing. Barnacles slowly opened his eyes only to see an open notebook, and a sleeping Kwazii. He glanced down at the paper before grabbing the pen and scribbling something down. Barnacles then looked up again.

He felt bad, too.

Protecting his crew was one of his main priorities, but Barnacles knew they could take care of themselves. But if any of them were in trouble, he'd drop everything to help them. This was extremely important to Kwazii, and he wanted to help as much as he could.

Kwazii woke up a little while later, maybe around 5 AM. Barnacles fell back asleep after writing down the little note on the paper. He glanced down at the plan, and thought about it. Was he really prepared for this? What's going to change? Kwazii swallowed hard. He had to go through with this; there was no backing down. Things would be very different if this worked, especially for- why was Kwazii overthinking this?

This was just something so simple- THIS WASN'T SIMPLE OH GOD- oh but maybe- NO.

Thousands of thoughts ran through Kwazii's head as he got up, trying not to wake Barnacles up again. He grabbed the notepad and ripped out an empty page. Kwazii grabbed the pen and ripped the cap off of it. All he wrote was:

went back to my pod with the notes
thanks for the help captain
- Kwazii

He set the paper down in front of him, and then he left the room quietly, hoping he wouldn't wake anyone up. There was something with him and waking people up at five in the morning. As Kwazii trudged down the halls to his pod, he read over the notes once again. Everything was great, but all Kwazii needed to do was act out on it. He sat down on his bed, setting the notebook down on his nightstand. All Kwazii felt like doing now was going back to bed. No point in going to the HQ, it was cloudy today. His eyes were slowly closing, but that was okay.

About an hour or so went by.

Another hour.

And another...

Until Kwazii actually woke up. He glanced up at the clock on the stand.  It read: 8:00 AM. Kwazii threw his head back into his pillow. He really didn't want to do this, but as he moved his feet slowly off the bed, he made his decision.

This was it.

"I'm so sick of this," Kwazii complained, dropping his head onto the kitchen table. Barnacles and Shellington looked at each other.
"You're so sick of what?" Shellington asked. Kwazii lifted his head up and threw his hands into the air.
"I'm sick and tired of my ideas and plans not making any sense," he sneered. Barnacles was pretty confused now.
"The thing is, Kwazii, you agreed on the last plan we made," he added. Kwazii sighed quietly before adding to his previous sentence,
"And I know that. I just don't think I have the confidence to do this." This shocked everyone.
"All I wanted was just some water, and I walk into this," Tweak said from the doorway of the kitchen. Kwazii looked over before raising a hand. All the man wanted was a high five, but instead all Kwazii got was an even more bruised wrist as Tweak latched onto his upper arm.
"Oh you wanted a high five," she said. Kwazii stared at her before bursting out in laughter. Laughter spread around the room, infecting everyone.
Tweak held her hands up in defense. "I thought you were just gonna, you know, karate chop my face," she admitted. Kwazii looked at her in shock.
"No! Well I mean, I'd like to, but-" he started before stopping himself. That just made everyone laugh even harder.