[Chapter 9] - G Is For Guilt That Builds Up Inside Us

Kwazii sat up and stretched his arms out in front of him. "Good morning world. Today is going to be another day, that's for sure," he said, throwing his arms down. Maybe going to bed early wasn't that great of an idea because now he wanted to sleep again. "Damn it I missed the sunrise!" he shouted, slaming his head back down onto his pillow. Kwazii rolled onto his stomach before groaning into the pillow. He pushed himself up, and looked back down at his feet. This time, he wasn't wearing socks. "That's a good start to the day," he mumbled before getting up and ready for the day.

"Good morning, everyone!" Kwazii shouted, basically busting down the kitchen door.
"Good morning, Kwazii!" Peso was the first to say.
"You're in a good mood today. Why is that?" Barnacles questioned. Kwazii shrugged.
"I've just got a feeling today's gonna be a good day," he grabbed the box of cereal from the shelf, but it was lighter than usual. Kwazii opened the box and looked inside. "Who ate the rest of the cereal?" he asked, turning around and waving the box a bit. The room went quiet. "I feel like I know who did," he added.
"There's another box in the cabinet, idiot!" Tweak said, pointing at the second box. Kwazii turned around, and there was a second box.
"Oh!" he said, folding the cardboard. "I know you ate the rest of the cereal, though," Kwazii added. Tweak then held the her bowl up in the air.
"I thought that was fairly obvious!" she said.

"How's your arm doing, Kwazii?" Dashi asked while also trying to calm Tweak down.
"Eh, it's doing better. I'll put some ice on it later, I think I slept on it wrong," he complained. Kwazii poured the cereal into the bowl.

Breakfast went nice, aside from when Kwazii stubbed his toe. "I'm going to breakdown again, I swear," he said, laughing but also sounding like he was about to cry. As some of the others left, Tweak glanced up at Kwazii.
"Hey, Kwaz. You up for a game of Battleship?" she asked. Kwazii looked over and smiled.
"Obviously! Let me just-" he paused. She raised an eyebrow.
"Kwazii? You all right?" Tweak asked.
"Usually I can feel when I'm about to throw up since I've done it so much in these past few days," he said, holding his stomach.
"Do you want some help?" Tweak questioned, getting up and walking over to open the garbage can.
"Yeah. I do," Kwazii said before ducking his head into the can.

"Kwaz, do you feel okay?" Peso asked as he and Tweak basically dragged him into the sick bay.
"Not really, matey," Kwazii muttered.
"All right, let's just get you to the sick bay," Peso whispered.

As Peso softly rewrapped Kwazii's left arm, Tweak lightened up.
"I'll be right back," she said, getting up and running out of the room.
"Wonder what she's doing," Peso questioned. Kwazii looked back down at Peso's hands.
"Why do I even need these bandages? I thought you didn't have to use them," he asked. Peso looked up, and then back down.
"Well, remember when- never mind," Peso started. "Wait, let me restate that. You passed out, and when you were out, I had to dunk your arm in some hot water to see if that would help the swelling. Then, I just wrapped your arm in bandages so you wouldn't scratch yourself." he added.
"Ohh... You know me so well, matey," Kwazii said, laughing. Peso looked away, completely flustered.
"Yeah, I guess I do," he said with a smile.
As Peso's face became an extremely dark shade of red, Kwazii snickered. "Maybe you should have taken your temperature instead of mine, matey. You look like your burning up!" he exclaimed. Peso tensed up a bit.
"You don't need to mention it!" he whined.
"Did I get you, the 'calm and collected' one of our group, to go hysterical over your face?" Kwazii asked. Peso tried to hide his face, but instead he just got closer to Kwazii.
"You don't have to bring it up, though!" he said playfully. Their faces were only inches apart.

"Hey, I got the game- am I interrupting something?" Tweak asked, standing in the doorway holding the Battleship box. Kwazii and Peso both turned to look at her.
"Oh, no! You're fine!" Peso exclaimed. Kwazii smiled, too.
"You saw nothing," he added, pointing at Tweak.