[Chapter 15] - Shattered Ideas

Kwazii had really good ideas, he just had no good way of executing them. But as he and Shellington stared at the blank piece of paper on the table, those few brain cells of theirs were working as hard as possible.
"I think I know who your crush is," Shellington said. Kwazii looked up.
"No, you probably don't."
"It's Peso, isn't it?" Kwazii stared at Shellington before bursting out in laughter.
"You really think it's him?" Kwazii managed to say, but Shellington just stared at him, completely unfazed.
"Yes, actually. And I know how to prove it," Shellington stated. Kwazii straightened his posture, placing his hands on his waist.
"How?"
"You act completely different when you're around him. You're so calm and collected when you're with him," Shellington stated.
"I'm only calm with him because I know if I'm not then he'll beat me up," Kwazii mumbled, turning away slightly.
"You're afraid he's going to beat you up," Shellington said, crossing his arms.
"That's not exactly what I mean, I worded that wrong," he added.
"I'm telling him you said that," Shellington said before rushing out of the laboratory.
"You're not telling him that," Kwazii said, following right behind.

The two raced each other to the sick bay, hoping the other wouldn't make it there before them. They rounded corners, almost slipping most of the time, they went through shortcuts, anything you can imagine. All so the other wouldn't make it to the sick bay.

The only people that were in the sick bay were Peso and Barnacles. It was quiet, until Shellington and Kwazii came running through.
"Peso, you're not going to believe what I heard."
"You aren't saying anything," Kwazii spat, holding his pointer finger up before throwing his hands onto his knees. Both of them were practically wheezing, hunched over their own knees.
"Woah, calm down you guys. Take your time," Peso said, walking over to check on them.
"I've just got some news," Shellington exclaimed, trying to stand up straight, but he just slouched over again.
"What is it?" Peso asked, walking back over to Barnacles. All he was doing was wrapping the captain's wrist again just to be extra safe.
"Say anything and I will not hesitate to drag you out of this room," Kwazii threatened. Shellington opened his mouth to continue, but he looked back down at Kwazii.
"What?" he asked.
"Wait, what's going on?" Peso asked in pure confusion.
"Basically, Kwazii said that he's only calm around you is because if he's reckless, you would beat him up," Shellington managed to say though heavy breathing. I mean, the dude couldn't breath, and Peso somehow understood him. He looked at Kwazii with a confused, yet happy expression.
"I'm not going to beat you up, Kwazii," Peso said before grabbing another bandage roll.
"Matey, that's not what I said. I said that you could beat me up if you wanted to but the thing is you would probably yell at me if I did anything reckless around you, especially if I hurt myself but the thing is I also just want you to like me back..." Kwazii rambled on and on, and the conversation was only going south. Peso walked behind Kwazii and he did the most reckless thing he could think of. He ripped a large piece of the bandage roll and tied it around Kwazii's mouth just to shut him up.

This just absolutely shocked everyone in the room, including Peso. Kwazii tried to rip the bandage off, but that didn't work. He then tried to peel it down onto his neck.
"Dang it, I thought that would work," Peso said, throwing his shoulders back down.
"Ouch," Kwazii said. "Why do y'all hate me," he added, pretending he was sad and softly placing his head in his hands.
"Kwazii, we don't! You just kept on rambling and it was a run-on sentence," Peso stated.
"So you're saying you hate me but in an English teacher way," Kwazii said. He knew that wasn't true, but what if it was? If it was, all of his ideas would have been worth nothing.
"Kwazii. We don't hate you," Barnacles stated. Everyone else glanced over at him.
"Are you sure?" Kwazii questioned.
"I'm positive," Barnacles said. Kwazii looked back at Peso and Shellington, who were standing in front of the door.
"All right," he mumbled with a small grin.
"Why did you mention that you just wanted Peso to like you back?" Shellington whispered. Kwazii stood up even straighter than before.
"What?" he asked.
"You brought that up at the end of your sentence," he whispered back. Kwazii looked over. He knew he did bring that up, but he also wasn't about to admit that.
"Eh, you heard it, you heard it," Kwazii said, shrugging. He then backed away from the small group and towards the door. "I'm going to check on something, be right back," he added before turning around and leaving the sick bay.

"You know, I think he likes you, Peso." Shellington suggested, breaking the silence. Peso glanced over at him.
"You think so?" he asked, as if that was a daily thing to happen.
"Maybe it's just me," Shellington muttered. Silence hung in the air again.

Back in Kwazii's pod, he was searching through his drawer to find at least some paper. And once he did, he wrote down the times for the next five hours leading up to around supper. What would he do during that time? As Kwazii sat on his bed, writing a schedule for the hours to come, ideas were coming through. "That won't work..." he would mutter every now and then, crossing out what he just wrote. What was he up to, and would it actually work?

Words: 960 Words
i didn't look this one over becuz im tiredddd but whatever lmao
enjoy plz im out of ideas