[Chapter 21] - Sexy Saxophone Music Intensifies

This plan? Ruined. Kwazii's confidence? Gone. What was next? As Kwazii sat on his bed, he debated everything he had done in the past few hours. He wasn't laughing. He didn't really know what to feel. Usually a person in his position would be upset or whatever, but he was just numb. Kwazii clutched the pillow to his chest. That was the worst thing he'd ever done. It was funny, but Kwazii felt like a coward, like he had failed once again. He always had these crazy ideas, and somehow they always worked, but this time it just didn't. And he felt terrible.

These past few days were just the worst for him. Kwazii hoped things would turn around, or something good would happen, but nothing good ever came. Even if he didn't wear socks to bed. It was almost as if whenever Kwazii wore socks to bed, the day would be the worst.

But even if he didn't wear them, the day would be somewhat bad. His face was burning and his hands were trembling. Kwazii's breathing became slow and steady as he tried to calm himself down. And then it came to him.

An idea.

Kwazii threw his feet back onto the floor and basically flew out of the room. This plan of his might just work. Sure, blurting things out wasn't the greatest idea, but this time it had to work.

No one knew what was up with Kwazii. He's been acting weird and all that. Why didn't anyone say anything though? All Peso knew was there were sides, but he didn't know which one he was on. With this sudden burst of anxiety, Peso placed his hands on his head, trying to catch his breath. "Something wrong, Peso?" Barnacles asked, noticing the medic's change in breathing.
"Oh, everything's fine. No need to worry, Captain," Peso assured him. That was a lie, and Peso knew it. He hated lying more than anything, but now he found himself doing it to protect his emotions. Something about earlier just changed him, and not in the good way.

Kwazii stared at the ladder leading to the HQ. Was he prepared to do this? Things were changing, especially for him. Kwazii grinned before latching onto the ladder and swinging himself onto the HQ floor.
"Ahoy, mateys!" he shouted, throwing everyone into a state of shock.
"Kwazii, I think you just scared the living daylights out of us," Peso exclaimed, placing his hand on his chest.
"I thought you guys were used to that. I do it all the time!"
Peso chuckled quietly. "Not all of us are used to it, though," he added. Kwazii felt like shrinking into the floor.
"You have a point," he muttered, making his way over towards him. "Quick question, matey," Kwazii said, scaring Peso once again.
"Yes?" he asked, turning his torso around while also trying to stifle a laugh.
"Say, if a crew member was to go missing-"
"Missing?!" Peso shouted, whipping his head around to look at the crew.
"Wait, missing?" Dashi asked. Everyone was there, piled into the HQ. Peso sighed, a sigh of relief.
"False alarm," he said, holding a hand up in defense while also trying to calm himself down. Peso turned back to Kwazii. "You were saying?" he asked, pushing the poor lieutenant to continue.
"If a crew member was to go missing, what would be the first thought that would come to mind?" Kwazii questioned. Now this was concerning. Why would Kwazii ask about that? Was someone missing? "I know that this question is completely out of the blue, but I've got to know," he added.
Peso turned back to the control panel.
"Well, I've learned that the easiest way to track and find someone is by tracking down their helmet radio," he stated. "Why do you wanna know? Are you planning something?" Peso asked, a hint of laughter in his tone.
Kwazii placed his hands on his shoulders and smiled. "No, just wanted to know."

Peso tried his hardest not to make it obvious he liked it when Kwazii had his hands on his shoulders. It just felt reassuring. Barnacles did it a lot, but it just felt different when Kwazii did it. From the other side of the HQ, Barnacles and Shellington exchanged glances.
"He's never going to do it," Barnacles muttered, dragging his hands down his face once again. Shellington sighed.