[Chapter 46] - Curiosity Almost Killed The Cat

Wasn't it a bit weird?

Something about waking up just to see someone next to you, staring you down, it was very weird.

"What did I do?" Kwazii questioned, his voice hoarse.
"You didn't do anything, I'm just confused," Peso replied.
"Confused about what?"

He paused before answering, "What you said."

Kwazii heard those words and immediately thought over every single thing he said yesterday. Did he say something wrong, or something weird?

"Mhm..." He didn't say anything, afraid that if he did say something wrong, he'd just make it worse.
"Kwaz, sometimes you don't make any sense."
"What did I say?"
"You said that my brother and I were very similar, but you also said we were speaking of opposites."

He didn't see a big problem with that, but that was probably because he was half asleep and out of his mind, on another planet, but who knows?

"I don't see a big problem," he muttered.
"You just said we were talking about opposites, then you proceeded to talk about similarities."
"You and your brother have too many differences to be alike. Too many similarities to be opposites. You see what I'm saying?"
"Yes, but the sentence just didn't make sense." He leaned against Kwazii's arm.
"Are you an English teacher?"
"Well, no..."

Kwazii wrapped his arm around Peso's shoulders, placing his own head on top of his. "Technically, we were also speaking about opposites a minute before, so logically I am right," he said directly after.
"You are... insufferable."
"Some of the things you say don't make sense, either. Is everything you say just in the heat of the moment?"
"Oh please, I make more sense than you do."
"It's a competition, then," Kwazii announced, glancing down with a mischievous grin.
"You'd lose," Peso said, returning the look.

He wasn't so sure about that, but he didn't bother taking that challenge. He probably would lose.

It went quiet for a while.

"We have to get up soon," Kwazii muttered, simply wanting to stay in the warmth that he was already laying in.
"No we don't, look at the time."

It was pretty early. He didn't lie.

He craned his neck to see the time a bit better, but it was true. It was earlier than expected.

"Oh that's nice," he replied, placing his head back into the pillow. Back to bed it was.

~

Kwazii wouldn't admit this, but his mind still lingered back on his simple mistake filled missions. Seeing the captain without the bandages on his wrist didn't feel familiar, despite him only having them on for a really short amount of time. He didn't have them on when he messed up his confession, Peso probably worked some magic or something.

The memories lingered, though.

For some reason, they did. Even though he tried and tried and somehow failed every time he tried to block them out.

Weird, wasn't it?

The amount of things he regretted, the things he thought over and over and over again, it all just came to this?

It didn't feel right.

It felt wrong. Almost like the feeling had settled under his skin and it was there to stay.

Maybe he just needed a break. Something to... clear up space in his head. Get rid of the junk.

No walks. Nope. No more going outside with a bad mindset, last time he did that it did not end well.