03: Everte Statum

𝖳𝖶: 𝖻𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖿 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗎𝗆𝖺

"Come on Moony, play nicely! That's my cousin."

                  The water poured down, dripping by his side, as his mind fades into dullness and soon everything felt like a foggy illusion

                  The water poured down, dripping by his side, as his mind fades into dullness and soon everything felt like a foggy illusion. Remus bathed his skin lightly, trying to avoid touching his new bruises and scars that were scattered all over his body. After he finished his shower, he turned the tap off and stepped out. His toes curled as they landed on the chilled bathroom floor.

His mind was in shreds, he knew he had to get over things soon. Just like any decent person should, but he found it more challenging given their recent circumstances. Harry had no reason to lie, he knew that Harry was indeed, telling the truth. He knew that you-know-who was back. It's as if Remus had to relive the most traumatizing experiences in his life. He had already gone through the first war, he knew what was coming. He knew he couldn't bear to lose people he cared about, not anymore, not this time.

He ran the towel through his body, making sure that he was dried thoroughly. He ruffed it around his hair to prevent it from dripping. He then put on loose pajama pants only to realize that he had left his shirt in his room, he wrapped himself in bathrobes, not wanting to feel cold.

His wand was left on the edge of the sink, he preferred to bring it everywhere he went. It may have seemed absurd to most people, but to Remus, it wasn't something new. After everything he went through, one thing he learned was to never let his guard down. He never went anywhere without his wand, not after what happened to James..

Remus shook his head at the thought of his old friend. The last thing he needed right now was to bring back unwanted memories.

He picked up his wand and held it firmly before reaching for the doorknob. He turned the doorknob and swung it open, only to be met by two brown eyes.

There was a young girl with long brown hair standing in front of him. He'd guess she was probably in her mid twenties, but her eyes looked as if it had seen more than what people her age would've seen. She was in muggle clothes, jeans and a sweatshirt. Her hair had been a bit disheveled as if she had just finished running. Her clothes were a bit smudged with dirt and she looked tired, but aside all that she looked attractive. Remus noticed that she has the same aura Sirius puts off.

Guinevere looked just as startled as Remus was. It was as if both of them had seen a ghost.

Out of habit, he pointed his wand at her, the moment he had the chance to collect his thoughts. Guinevere drew out her own and aimed at the tall man.

"Who are you?!" Remus exclaimed,

Guinevere scoffed at the audacity of this man. She glared at him with disbelief, to think she was the one being questioned at her relative's house.