09: Firewhisky and Dances

"Wotcher, Gwynn! Didn't tell us it was your birthday!"

September 20, 1995

              Guinevere sat on the window ledge, one rainy afternoon.  And how is it that she knows it was raining? Well out of pure boredom, she had decided to charm a window in her room. Although, of course, the window was unseen on the other side.

Most of the days, she resorted to staying locked up in her room, patiently waiting for those 'meetings' they had to finish. Amelia would accompany her after those and they'd catch up. Sometimes she'd even have drinks with Charlie and Tonks. She had also managed to piss off Remus in so many ways, but her most favourite was to tease him of Tonks.

Tired of watching the rain hit the ground for the thousandth time for the day, she started pacing around the room. Guinevere had been longing to feel the sun's light against her skin. She had been stuck with these old clocks that don't even tick and shrieking portraits for too long. There were only so many books she could read, she didn't even know she could read Jane Eyre and Persuasion altogether in one week. 

The bloody old house made her feel crazy. It was no different from their manor, in fact even creepier. There were times where it felt so empty that it felt emptier than a crypt. Even if she were to enchant the walls pretty and pink, she would never manage. She cannot just sit there and watch the walls no matter how pretty she can make them.

"So. Bored." she groaned to herself, rubbing her eyes with her palms as she continued to obnoxiously pace. She had this habit where whenever she couldn't stay put she would resort to pacing.

"When can I go and actually help?" Sirius impatiently asked as his head rested on his palm. He was growing more and more impatient everyday.

"You're helping by staying home, Sirius." said Remus firmly, "And you know it's not safe."

He scoffed at his old friend's musings and glared at him in disbelief, I'm not the one who's a werewolf and taught at a school, he thought bitterly. "As if I'm not the only person who's escaped Azkaban!" he began, "12 years of it, Moony! I'm rather familiar with what's safe and not."

"There he is again, the infamous '12 years of it, in Azkaban!' card." sighed Amelia, as she mocked Sirius.

A few members laughed at this and gave sympathetic looks at Sirius as he pouted. He'd been acting very childish, if one might say, lately. Some of them figured that he probably had all the right to do so as he's spent most of his young days at Azkaban for something he did not do.

"Enough whining, Black! We've got lots to do." Moody said, he turned to Kingsley and beckoned him to start discussing.

"Everyone will be taking shifts, around Diagon Alley." Kingsley announced, earning a few confused looks. "We don't know exactly what we are to be looking for, but we must stay alert at all times. Keep an eye out on unlikely rendezvous."