12: Tension

"Test me again, I dare you."

         Guinevere lay on her bed, basking in the warmth of her jumper

         Guinevere lay on her bed, basking in the warmth of her jumper. The weather was still a bit cold, accentuating the day with a few drizzles, but the day was still pleasant nonetheless.

After staring at the ceiling for a few quiet moments, lost in her thoughts, Guinevere decided to get up and be productive. After standing up to stretch her limbs, she strolled towards the bookshelf pushed against the wall. The books were coated with a light layer of dust, much to her distaste. Scrunching her nose, she pulled out her wand, muttering a quick scourgify, ridding the books of grime.

Scanning the wizened spines, Guinevere chose Pride and Prejudice, a novel she recalled reading, back when she was younger. She grabbed the book, careful not to damage it, then lay back on her bed, then started to read.

After a few minutes of ringing silence, Guinevere decided it was better to read downstairs, listening to the relaxing sound of fire crackling.

Standing up once more, She grabbed all the things she needed, and made her way downstairs. Whilst walking the hall, Guinevere could faintly hear Sirius singing a song by the beatles, the best muggles to have ever walked on earth, she remembered him saying fondly.

Chuckling a bit when Sirius went a bit out of tune, she continued heading downstairs, hoping that she won't bump into someone rather unpleasant on her way.

Guinevere eventually made it downstairs without a fuss, and headed towards the sitting room, only to see someone was already there.

She groaned in annoyance.

Remus fucking Lupin.

The man was sitting by the fireplace, lounging on the couch, reading a book. He appeared to not have noticed her presence, as he merely continued to flip the pages peacefully.

"What are you doing here?" Guinevere asked, irritably. Remus looked up, then rolled his eyes at the sight of the younger woman.

"In case it's too complicated for you to be able to comprehend," He said, raising his brow. "I'm reading a book."

His remark made Guinevere huff in annoyance, "Obviously." she drawled as she eyed the taller man who was lounging on the couch. "And I'll have you know, I usually sit there."

Remus snorted at this and slowly lifted his gaze, meeting Guinevere's eyes. "Plenty of space in the room." he said smiling at the Slytherin.

"I usually read alone."

"Well too bad, 'cause I'm not leaving." he said finally and returned his undivided attention to the book he was reading.

Guinevere scoffed at this and grumpily walked to the armchair across the couch, "Neither will I." she challenged.