21: The Woes of Moony

𝖳𝖶: 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 / 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗎𝗆𝖺

"Nice going, George!"

         After the traditional gift giving they had every year, it took everybody by surprise when Moody and Kingsley showed up

After the traditional gift giving they had every year, it took everybody by surprise when Moody and Kingsley showed up. Better late than never, they said. Eventually, most of them piled into the sitting room. Moody had brought up an incident wherein there was supposedly a boggart upstairs. Molly —who had volunteered and claimed she was capable of ridding the boggart— excused herself from the celebration to get the task done. Everyone was quite hesitant at first, it was unlikely of the woman to want to miss out on the festivities.

Guinevere would occasionally throw glances at Harry, subtly checking if he was doing fine. He seemed to look troubled, but deciding that she shouldn't pry, she didn't bother him but still kept a close eye.

Eventually, the boy excused himself quietly, withdrawing from the celebration. Guinevere saw Remus give him a concerned look but smiled, nonetheless. She was sure her dear old cousin was tipsy. The older man had resorted to bugging his old friend, who was sniggering at the slightly slurred words that came out of Sirius's mouth.

"And then— then the great old brute turned away!" He cried out, his hands gesturing wildly. "Right after I kindly fed him rats! Can you believe that, Moony?"

Remus merely nodded while Guinevere let out a small laugh.

"A tragic event, indeed." Guinevere said, with mock sympathy, but Sirius lazily nodded his head, not seeming to notice the sarcasm laced in her voice.

After a few moments, the laughter that filled the room died down and turned into a few chuckles from different corners. Quite content and spent for the night, everyone else got comfortable in their seats, dividing into quiet conversations.

Although the twins had different plans.

"Oi! Take a look at that, Freddie!" George shouted, grinning and pointing to something above Tonks and Amelia. Not only did this catch Fred's attention, but frankly, everyone else's.

A few "ooo's" surfaced in the room as they watched a mistletoe slowly emerge from the ceiling, growing right above the two aurors.

"Nice going, George!" the other twin cheered, seeing as the two women were now fully aware of the scene happening in front of them. Well in this case, above them.

The two shifted awkwardly in their place, their movements were minimal as possible. It would seem that both of the outgoing witches grew shy. Silent sniggers filled the atmosphere, as though everyone were watching them closely. (Which they were, for the record.)

"Well then?" the younger Weasley, Ron, asked expectantly.

Hermione —who was beside the redhead the whole time— smacked his arm, causing the boy to wince in pain. To be frank, it wasn't only Ron who seemed to be interested in what was happening.