19: Sheperd's Pie

"You're not exactly helping by sitting, aren't you?"

         "So do you reckon I can beat Molly in a cook off?" asked Sirius, watching their faces closely for a reaction

They were just having one of many casual conversations at night when Tonks frustratedly announced her hunger to the lot of them. Sirius being Sirius, volunteered to cook for them and took this chance to practice for when Harry comes to go live with him.

"Harry's gonna love this!" He added, rather proudly.

"He will," Amelia shrugged, "Although I'm not sure if this is enough to top off Molly's cooking."

This made Guinevere snort as she tried her best to conceal her grin, but this just made Tonks send a glare to Amelia's direction. Taking notice of this, Amelia narrowed her eyes and shot up her hands in defeat.

"Was just kidding," she said carefully, taking in a spoonful of pie. Much to her disbelief, it actually tasted quite decent. "This is surprisingly good."

Sirius looked smug as Amelia continued eating, while Tonks watched her with a fond smile.

Both women had grown more fond of each other the past few weeks. They would always seem to have their own world, just sharing secret smiles and looking happier than they were before.

"S'better than your last pudding." Remus grinned, a boyish smile on his face as he wiped his lower lip.

Guinevere watched as he carefully slid a finger across his mouth, wiping the remnants of the pie. Her eyes lingered on his lips longer than she should've been. Heck, she shouldn't have been staring at the first place, but it was as though she couldn't help it.

A smirk grew on Lupin's face as he noticed the witch across him, ogling him. Shifting on his chair —causing Guinevere to meet with his gaze— he then raised a brow and winked at the flustered Slytherin. Content with the reaction he got, he turned to his side noticing that the two aurors were taking their leave.

"What's wrong?" he inquired, his eyes following the pair's movements.

Sirius cleared his throat and began, "If you two weren't so busy exchanging love eyes," he explained, his eyes narrowing at Guinevere and Remus. "Then you would've heard what, Sir Nigellus Black, here said."

Facing each other, they both scoffed and rolled their eyes. They then noticed the somber and worried looks on their friends' faces. Guinevere furrowed her brows.

"There's been an accident involving Arthur." Sirius explained, running a hand through his hair. Remus immediately became alert and stood up, grabbing his coat that stayed perched on the end of the table.

"Where are you going?" Guinevere asked, standing up as well. Remus was just about to answer but he was interrupted.

"Dumbledore's sending the kids here," Amelia said, cutting the conversation.