20 | It Only Hurts

JESSICA ran her hand through her hair as she cleaned up the broken pieces of glass off her floor

She connected the glass with her broken heart, how dare he call her a monster? She wasn't playing judge, jury, and executioner every day. She left that to the humans, leaving them to make their own decisions.

The crime fighter looked at the photo of her father with a deep sigh. If only she hadn't fallen out of love with Oliver, she could have been happy. She could have had a family. The Brit could have never been a family man, she knew that for a fact. Oliver was too comfortable with partying and so was Jessica. In her early twenties, it was all she wanted to do. But as she grew older, she was ready to get married and settle down.

Oliver wasn't and he knew it. He broke it off with her because she wanted something he wasn't ready to give her. Jessica knew, deep down, there was still a part of her that was still in love with Oliver. She just refused to admit it.

The ringing of her cell phone brought her out of her heartbroken state. She grabbed it, ready to put on her fake happy persona. "Hello?" She smiled, maybe if she kept that smile, she would trick herself into believing she was fine.

"I've been kidnapped!" Lois whispered over the phone.

"What!"

"I was able to steal my phone back but I don't have much time. Grab your brother and find me!" Lois instructed frantically. "Let go of me!"

"Lois?" Jessica called out. "Lois!" In a blink of an eye, Jessica zoomed over to her suit and sped out of her apartment to find her brother.

Clark was walking towards his own apartment when he saw his sister standing in the middle of the living room panicked. "Is everything okay?" He asked. "I felt sadness."

"They have Lois." When those words left Jessica's mouth, Clark felt his whole world stop.

"Who has Lois?" He asked darkly.

"She wasn't able to tell me, but," she quickly turned on the tv. "Something about LexCorp is giving me bad vibes." As clear as day, CNN was broadcasting giant bolts of lightning hitting the Kryptonian spaceship the government banned her, or Clark, from using while it was being studied.

Clark ripped open his shirt to reveal the S underneath and he was one like a leaf in the wind. Jessica followed after him, trying to stay on his trail but was no match for her fast brother.

When she made it to LexCorp, she saw that Clark had, indeed, made it in time to save Lois from a doomed fate. She was relieved to see Clark holding Lois in a tight hug. "What happened!?" Jessica asked, looking at the two.

"Lex threw me off the building. " Lois wheezed, still regaining her breath. She placed her hands on Jessica's arms. "You were right, Lionel was right, Lex is dangerous."