21 | Face Down

IN the stormy city of Gotham, Jessica landed on the wet concrete of an abandoned backlot

She still had not mentally prepared herself for the fight she was about to have but, if she can steer it in her favor, she could save her mother. Jessica turned her gaze up to see Bruce in all grey metal body armor, he was ready to fight one of them.

Keeping his smirk, his whole demeanor changed from who she once knew him by. "Well, here I am."

Jessica sucked in a deep breath. "Look, Bruce, I know you're mad. I need your help to...-"

He stepped back when he saw her coming forward. "The goddess pleading for help? How disgusting."

"Bruce, please." She begs. "I understand, you, me, and my brother have this bad feud, but this goes beyond that." She spoke, walking closer to Bruce. She noticed him taking cautious steps back as if they were perfectly calculated. "You have to listen to me. Lex wants us...-" Jessica's foot triggered something, a wire of some sort.

This activated a high pitch screeching sound that hit Jessica so fast, she couldn't think where it was coming from. She watched the way the rain froze in its spot. She moved her eyes, watching the way the vibrations in the air were seen more clearly now.

Jumping up, Jessica used her laser vision to destroy the hidden machines. She landed back on the floor gracefully, her hair sticking to her face, coiling to reveal her naturally curly hair. She grits her teeth again. "You don't understand, there's no time!"

The two met in a close standoff, Jessica's hands-on Bruce's armored chest. "I understand!" He growled.

Jessica felt her eye twitch in anger. She didn't have time for this, for any of this angry boy drama. Jessica lightly pushed him away from her but to Bruce, it felt like a full-on tackle. He bounced a couple of times off the floor, landing with a groan.

Realizing what she did, she covers her mouth with her hands. "I'm sorry!" She gasped, running to the man that lay on the ground. "I didn't mean...-"

Bruce pressed a button, revealing two giant laser guns to appear from the walls. They locked onto Jessica's form but before they could shoot at her, the angry Kryptonian grabbed the manhole cover from beneath her. She ripped it apart and threw it like a frisbee to either machine.

Now, she was allowing the anger to take over. There was no way she's going to be able to reason with such a pig-headed man. "Stay down!" She ordered. "If I didn't care about you, you'd be dead already!" When she noticed Bruce getting up off the ground, she levitated above the ground. "You want me to be the bad guy? Fine..." She changed her position to being as flat as a board, fists out in front of her. "I'll be the bad guy."

Jessica flew forward, grabbing Bruce and flinging him up to the top of the building where the giant bat light was held. She flew up, landing on the roof with anger in her eyes. She watched as Bruce scrambled for something a few feet ahead of him.