Before You Read

Hello, I am author Mia Rose, writer of this wonderful book. Before you continue, I have re-written this book. Some material that was in this book before is no longer present. I wanted to discuss the message of Racial Discrimination. With what's been going on in the news with the death of George Floyd and other unjustified lives taken by police brutality caused by racial discrimination. As an author, it is up to us to decide what we think will best play in our writing such as character love interests, plotline developments, social problems, etc. But, we can also make a stand to use or platform as hope for a new generation.

As a seventeen-year-old Puerto Rican woman of American society, I am doing everything in my best power to be heard, to be seen, to show people what it's like to love one another as God intended.

In the book, Clark and Jessica face open discrimination about being aliens, called Alien scum. It was something I wanted to add to the book because even though they try to be as helpful as they can, there are still people who want nothing to do with them until they absolutely need them. We can no longer stand behind "It makes me uncomfortable."

It's unacceptable.

By staying quiet, you are now willing to give yourself over to the side of the oppressor and I will not be a bystander, I will be a leader and I hope you all do the same. It is only that we, the future generation, will lead the world into a better place.

As for me, on this platform:

I support the Black Lives Matter Movement.

I support same-sex marriages.

I support women in power and at home.

I support rape victims.

I support single mothers and fathers.

I support the Muslim community and any other community that is discriminated against.

Asians are not viruses.

Blacks are not criminals.

Hispanics are not rapists.

Muslims are not terrorists.

Race, sex, religion, or place you come from should not determine what person you are. It's the judgment of your character that makes you who you are and what people should truly see.

Not everyone is born bad. It's the people who you're surrounded with are the ones that influence the choices you make in life.

Be happy, be healthy, be safe.

Best wishes from an all-out punk queen,

Mia Rose.

P.S.- Please enjoy the story!