2 | God is a Woman

"WAYNE tower, Wayne tower

"WAYNE tower, Wayne tower..." Jessica mumbled to herself.

In a big city, you would think that finding one of the richest enterprises in the whole world would be easy. She was expecting Bruce Wayne to have the tallest skyscraper in all of Metropolis like he does in Gotham, but it turns out, she was wrong. It was the second tallest. Although, The Daily Planet was still in first place with the largest object on top of a building. It was just a huge pain in the ass to try and keep the giant gold-plated earth from falling onto the streets below.

Tapping her fingers on her chin, she adjusted her glasses to hear a loud whoosh go above her head, Superman. She looked up to see her brother wave down at her, but all she did was roll her eyes and kept walking. She was beyond mad at him, they were partners, siblings, best friends. They made a pact to do this, saving the world thing, together.

Now, she is stuck as the scrummy sidekick who sucks the life out of the big hero for as long as they can. Jessica Kent was no sidekick. It made her physically sick to think she was anything else but his partner.

Upon seeing his sister's action, Clark frowned. He had no clue what was wrong with his sister. She usually seemed happy. Was it work? Lois? He then shook his head. They couldn't be mad at each other even if they tried. Lois and Jess were better partners in crime than him and his own sister.

He saw her disappear into Wayne tower as a frown stretched over his chiseled face. It was the interview, it had to be. "Hey, it's Superman!" A woman called out in surprise, making everyone freeze. It was not uncommon to see the Super Twins floating in the skies of Metropolis, but it wasn't every day you see one of them in person. With a warm smile to the crowd, Clark flew off. He needed to talk to someone, and that someone was Lois.

Jessica patiently waited for the receptionist to get off the phone. She was used to people treating her like she was vermin of the world, it comes in the job description. She should have been a doctor, the least a police detective. The receptionist pursed her lips, turning her green-eyed gaze to Jess. "Mr. Wayne is busy with paperwork in his office, he doesn't want to be disturbed." She spoke, placing the phone back into its holster, and started to type on the computer.

The Woman of Steel did not like the sound of that. "I have an appointment, well, my co-worker did, but he couldn't make it. It was a last-minute change." Jessica explained, leaning forward on the counter.

The receptionist rolled her eyes and looked up at Jessica. "As I said, Mr. Wayne does not want to be disturbed. He's canceled all of his meetings today."

"Without a phone call that he was?" Jess asked. "That's... perfect." She sighed. "Look, I just need five minutes."

"Do I have to call security?"

Jessica felt her eye twitch as she leaned closer to the lady behind the counter. "Listen here lady, I have not had a decent night's sleep in three days, three days. Do you know what that does to a person? No, because you sit behind this counter, and you make phone calls."