22 | Paint it Black

BRUCE helped Jessica up from the ground with certain embarrassment in his eyes

Jessica wiped the blood from her bottom lip as she snatched her arm out of his grasp. "I'm fine." She grunted, sucking in a deep breath of air, this time. Clark helped his sister while glaring at the Bat. "Lex has mom, that's what I was trying to get Bruce to understand." She swallowed the fear in her voice. "We're running out of time." She wheezed, gripping Clark's arm tightly.

Bruce stood straighter. "I'll do it, I'll save your mother."

"No, I'll do it, you two get to Lex." Jessica mumbled, walking towards the center of the room to save her mother.

Bruce stopped her from doing so. "You need to recuperate after what I did to you." He grabbed her arms. "I promise you; no one is going to die tonight." He explained with a tight grip on her arm.

Now that Bruce finally admitted to himself that the real monster wasn't Jessica. He needed to gain her trust back, and if this was the way of doing it, then so be it.

Jessica stared at him for a minute then crossed her arms, she was beyond pissed at him. "Don't fuck it up." She hissed, flying up in the air with Clark following behind her.

Lois stared at the bat with her arms crossed, her eyes narrowed. Bruce swallowed thickly, looking at Lois. "Please, save her." Lois pleaded.

"I'll save her." Bruce watched the red head walk away with a heavy weight on his shoulders. Now it was the time for action, he can beat himself up later. Right now, he had a mother to save.

_______________

JESSICA and Clark straight to where giants of light flashes were in the sky.

Big bold sparks of energy cracked open the sky, loud claps of thunder voiced itself through the air, making itself known to the world it was there to stay.

Both Clark and Jessica landed into the capsule of where Zod's body was used as experimentation. "God be with us..." Jessica mumbled. Even in the most desperate of times, she never lost her faith.

There stood Lex in a pool of brown goop, the bell on the timer dinged as he clicked his tongue in a disappointment. He began to wag his finger back and forth like a mother scolding her child. "I believe, my dear, you are too late!" Lex smirked. "I am one bat head short, was it the love you two shared that stopped you?" He asked with a pout. "I bet your mother will feel differently when she's on fire." Lex walked over to the phone. "Light up the oven boys!"

"I believe that your reunion is about to take a nasty turn." Bruce's gruff voice grunted over the phone. Lex widened his eyes in shock.

"You lost Lex." Clark stated with his arms crossed.

Jessica began to walk closer, a menacing look in her eyes. "You put me through a whole lot of unwanted shit tonight." She spat, her hands clenching into tight fists.