10 | I Hate This Part

THE rest of Jessica's lunch break was spent walking around Metropolis

She showed the billionaire the best spots she's been in love with since college, while also trying to run away from the paparazzi. It reminded her of her time with Oliver. They would escape through the back of restaurants, movie theaters, even Arcades just to avoid paparazzi. Bruce was a little surprised at how well Jess could slip past someone.

Besides their hiccups, Jessica, being the good-hearted American that she was, kept on insisting to buy everything for both. She totally forgot he was Bruce Wayne. He shrugged her off, pulled out his wallet, and paid for every shop they stopped by.

She couldn't help but feel special, in a way, but she remembered that he was a playboy. She could not afford to get her heartbroken. "You don't get out to Metropolis often do you?" Jess asked.

Bruce shrugged his shoulders. "Only for business, which isn't often." He looked at the billboards for a few seconds. "Besides, It's too bright here."

"What are you, nocturnal?" Jess joked with a giggle.

Bruce felt his brain freeze for a second. "Well, I know someone who is."

She nodded her head in agreement. "I do too, it may seem weird to normal people but I'm not normal." Bruce looked back up to see The Daily Planet was right up ahead. He grunted at having to end their little 'date' so soon. "This is me."

"Tonight at 8:30." Bruce smiled, it seemed like he enjoyed himself. Jessica smiled back, handed him her number and address, and left inside with an adjustment to her glasses. A habit she does when she's nervous. Bruce watched her walk through the doors with that same soft smile on his face.

She made him feel so warm on the inside, he felt guilty. There were other women he's been in serious relationships with that made him feel appreciated, but Jess made him feel loved. He hadn't felt that warm and cozy feeling since he was a little boy who still had his parents.

He turned around, looking over his shoulder to see that beautiful black hair of hers. She pointed at him with a playful glare. "For work!"

"Of course!" She walked into the building as he walked towards his car that was parked right in front of the building.

When Jessica reached the elevators, she saw maintenance had been working on it. "That thing really is a piece of junk." She mumbled as Charles shook his head in agreement.

"Who are you telling?" He grumbled. "It's a never-ending battle with this junk elevator."

"Good luck." Jess smiled. "I'll be taking the stairs."

Charles snorted at her sentence. "No wonder why you're so fit." Jessica sent him a playful glare before going through the door that led to the stairs.

It was so quiet that when she stepped forward, the click of her hollow heels echoed off the walls. She made sure she was alone, with no cameras, she super sped all the way up to her floor. "Elevator's out again." Jess announced with a huff, pretending to be out of breath.