9 | Beautiful Disaster

AFTER her, quite risky, encounter with the Batman, the Kent woman was on edge the next morning at the office

Lois seemed to notice. Jessica sat at her computer and frivolously typed away creating a new column on Manami's story. Of course, she ran her idea by Perry, he declined the idea of it but when Jessica kept swinging on the pros on the Batman, well, he still declined. She hadn't told Clark about it because she knew about his Batman crush frenzy.

She could not focus on anything, but the dark knight pressed up against her with the wall to hold her there. She knew she should have said something. She could have avoided the emotional storm raging inside her head as she tried to figure out what the hell she was feeling.

Jess knew she couldn't tell Clark; he would crucify him and then her. She was nervous to tell Lois because telephone, telecom, tele-Lane. There was one person she could tell and that would be another close friend, Sheilah.

The beautiful black-haired 28-year-old is nothing but a sassy sweetheart. Today she was wearing a long black sleeve shirt with a white and black striped vest that brought out her curves a lot more.

Black slacks that had two buttons on each side of her hip and sporting her famous black boot heels. On the top of her head, she was wearing the black beanie Jessica gave her for her birthday a couple of years ago.

The woman kept it in good shape this whole damn time. How she does it is beyond Jessica; the girl wears it all the time. Normally to work, Sheilah would keep the beanie home and have her hair up in a messy bun which shows off the little semicolon tattoo she has. Jessica and Lois still, to this day, have no idea what it means.

Jessica felt Lois spin her around with a raised brow. She squished Jessica's cheeks together and started searching for something in her eyes. Jessica swatted her hands away in annoyance. "What are you doing? I'm trying to work Lo."

"Wondering what you were doing last night."

"I was in Kansas!"

"Yeah right," Lois scoffed. "you start to get overconfident when you're lying, trust me you and Clark are the same person."

Jessica leaned back more into her seat and messed with her pencil. "I was in Gotham last night, I almost got kidnapped, and he saved me." Lois's face still did not buy into it. "And we kind of... might have... made out against a brick wall on the roof of some apartment building."

Lois's mouth dropped open while Sheilah pulled up her office chair. "This should be good."

"Are you freaking serious?" Lois muttered quietly, bending down when she saw Clark walking into the office.

Jessica nodded her head, looking down at her pencil. Sheilah punched her in the arm catching her attention again. "You wanted it to happen!"

"I guess...-"