12 | Evil Angel

"ANYWHERE, in particular ma'am?" Senator Finch's driver asked as she entered the car

"Luthor Mansion." She replied kindly, placing her purse right beside her.

"Right away." Finch looked out the window of her car with furrowed brows. She had been thinking, more than usual, about Lex Luthor's proposal. The weapon against the super twins. It seemed a little inhumane but that was a human's job, to make sure we take our considered enemies out the most effective way.

She would have said yes but something in her gut was telling her no. It could have been the way he proposed it or how he wanted to, secretly, use it against the twins on his own account. Finch let herself dive right back into the memory of the meeting.

_______________________________

FINCH dreaded coming to speak with a rich man about homeland security.

It was always a pointless attempt to give them more power than they already had. She prepared herself to listen to whatever Lex had to say before she got annoyed and would decide to cut things short.

Mercy Graves, a tall Asian woman, approached a basketball court at the LexCorp lobby to announce that Finch and Barrows had arrived. Lex Luthor, the young, long-haired CEO of the company, scores a three-pointer and spins around to find Mercy and the senators.

With excitement, Lex holds his hand out for them to shake. "Ooh. Ah. Ahoy, Ahoy! I did not know you were here." He approached Barrows, who extended his hand. They exchanged hellos amongst each other before Lex motioned for them to follow him. "My father named the company after himself. He was the Lex in front of the Corp."

A security door opened, as Lex guides his visitors into the corridor. "You know, Dad was born in East Germany. He grew up eating uh... stale crackers. And every other Saturday, he had to march in a parade and wave flowers at tyrants. So, I think it was providence that his son, me, would end up with this." They enter a lab as Finch focused on a glovebox with a metallic claw holding a small green rock. "One of my rebuilt Metropolis crews found it. A little souvenir from the Kryptonian World Engine."

Finch continued to stare at the green rock, while Lex leaned over the glovebox. The wheels were turning in her head, she did not like where this meeting was starting to go now. "What's a rock have to do with Homeland Security?"

Lex darted his eyes towards her. "Homeland Security? Mmm. No, no, no... ma'am." He held his finger up to emphasize the correction. "Planetary Security."

One scientist, Emmet, is heard explaining. "The fragment is of a radioactive xenomineral. We suspected it might have bio-interactions, so we took the sample to AMRIID..." He pressed a button on a nearby keyboard as the monitor changed to a video of General Zod's corpse being removed from its body bag, courtesy of LexCorp. "Where they keep the remains of the Kryptonian decedent." Footage of a dentist drill-like device with the Kryptonite being used to slice Zod's torso clean open.