3 | Masquerade

CLARK typed away at his column in concentration

He had thought back on what his sister had said to him and knew he was in the wrong for having Jess do his columns. He needed to learn how to balance Superman and Clark Kent better. He never understood how Jess could balance out her two personas better than he could, but she was always better at being someone else when the moment called for it than him.

"Kent, invitation." Perry said, placing it down on his desk. Clark furrowed his brows in confusion.

"From whom?"

"Friends of the Metropolis library." Perry stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I guess they have a thing for geeks with glasses."

"Perry." Jess warned as she walked past him, rounding the corner with papers in her arms.

Clark stared down at the invitation to see it was addressed to both him and his sister. He looked back up to see Perry had gone back to his office. "What's wrong?" Lois asked. Clark held up the invitation for Lois to see. The red-haired reporter read over the information with pursed lips.

~

The Friends of the Metropolis Library invites you,

Clark and Jessica Kent

For March 6th, 2016

At Lex Luthor's Mansion

112 Vincent drive, Metropolis

Drinks are free

Formal attire required.

~

"Jess can't go to this." Lois stated, slapping the invitation on the desk. "She's really touchy when it comes to the Luthor name and ran into some trouble with said Friends of Metropolis Library when we were in college."

"If you can convince her to go, that'd be great." Clark smiled timidly.

"No, Jess is right. If you want to ask her to do something, you're going to have to do it." Lois declined with her arms crossed. "I'm not the middle person anymore."

Clark leaned back in his seat with a sigh. "But she's mad at me. She's completely blocked me from our sense. How can I find out what's wrong with her if she won't even let me sense it?"

"How about you try talking to her?" Lois suggested, fixing Clark's glasses.

He groaned, nose scrunching up. "No..."

Lois rolled her eyes. "You and her are the same person... look, Clark, either figure it out or I will for you." Clark gulped at Lois's threat. That usually meant it wasn't going to be pretty if he waited for Lois to figure out his dilemma with his sister.