Chapter-44

" I'm dating Kenichi"

"....."

Miss Marumi took a moment to realize what was actually happening right now.

And as soon as she realized what Haruto was saying.

Her eyes widened in shock as she stared disbelievingly at her son

" W-what?"

" I'm dating Kenichi , that guy who recently stayed over at our place for dinner"

Without even hesitating or flinching for a moment, the younger male then confidently repeated the same words again.

"......"

No words escaped from his step mother's mouth as she just stood there frozen in place.

" I'll invite him over tomorrow so-"

" Stop"

Miss Marumi cut him off as she angrily looked up.

" I won't"

" Why?"

And this time, Miss Marumi slightly raised her voice before fixing her gaze back at Haruto.

"Because I like him-"

* SLAP*

A loud smack echoed through the kitchen room, a rippling sound that could tear the flesh apart.

" ....."

" YOU CAN'T DATE A GUY!!!"

Haruto kept quiet as he silently took the slap and the scolding, his eyes widened in shock while refusing to look back at his mother.

" Haruto Higashi, look at me while I'm talking!"

"....."

Refusing to look back at his mother, Haruto then slowly tilt his head away.

" Y-you can't date a guy! What will the others think?!"

"...."

" J-just how did you like him? No, no, I won't accept your relationship"

Miss Marumi angrily shook her head before pointing her index finger back at Haruto.

" I won't accept this, break up with him, that boy is a bad influence"

Clenching his jaws, Haruto then quickly raised his head up before glaring back at his mother.

" I'm warning you, don't say bad things about him Mother"

He coldly stated as he clenched both of his fists in anger.

" Haruto, I'm only saying this for your own good . Think about your family, think about what the other societies will think"

" Hah"

He slowly let out a chuckle as he grinned in anger.

" Family? You call this a family? You treat me like I'm your real son but you actually raised your own hands on me?"

" Haruto-"

" Slapping won't solve anything, and  society? I don't fucking care about the society. Whatever I do, people don't have the right to interfere into my private life like you"

" Haruto!"

" Father and Riku is pretty messed up in the head and while you...."

He paused for a moment before glaring back at Miss Marumi.

" All your love and affection was all just a show, you are no different than father"

He looked one last time before dashing away from the kitchen.

While a defeating figure helplessly fell down onto the floor.

Her eyes filled with guilt as she looked back to where the other figure was retreating.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

" Can you bring the documents for me? It's in the table "

Kenichi's mother requested back to her son before continuing to do her own work.

" Ugh"

Sighing, Kenichi lazily stood up from the couch before slowly walking towards to the table.

" I'm watching you kid"

Kenichi's mother glared at her son as she stopped doing what she was currently working on with.

" Okay, okay, I'm on with it"

Kenichi sighed as he hurriedly grabbed the pile of files that was placed on the table.

" Here you go"

Walking towards his mother, he then slowly placed the documents before slightly bowing down.

" For you, your highness"

" Shut up and clean the dishes, you sleep all day long. Think about studying for a bit, tch tch "

Kenichi's mother sighed before she slowly shook her head in disappointment.

" Alright"

The other male then slowly roll his eyes back as he quickly strode away.

" T-this boy!"

He could hear loud shouts coming out from the other room as he quickly entered the kitchen

Grinning, he then slowly looked around the kitchen to see a huge piles of dishes that was bplaced in the wash basin.

" Uh oh"

He nervously stated before grabbing one of the unwashed dishes until suddenly

* Tring tring*

He heard phone ringing from the living room

" Kenichi pick up the damn phone!"

" ALRIGHT!"

He heard his mother screaming down from the other room

Sighing, he annoyingly placed down the plates before rinsing his hands with clean water.

* Tring tring!*

The phone kept ringing, until Kenichi annoyingly picked it up.

" Hello?"

He answered back irritatingly waiting for the next response until

" Hello?"

Author-chan here!👋

I'm really sorry for the late update 🙇‍♀️🙏

I had a lot to do and I was extremely busy😌

My father passed away last Friday....I know it's late but I just wanted to tell you all about it.

Sorry if I was too late, but I'll be getting back on my writing tracks real soon so stay tuned for more chaps!❤️

Btw, I'm re-starting my old insta art account, so would really appreciate if you could kindly check it out 🙏

Link will be attached in my profile bio❤️