01| you do sound like a stalker

EVERETT WAS SITTING in his small, rundown flat on the sofa next to his foster sister, Rowan Sutton

EVERETT WAS SITTING in his small, rundown flat on the sofa next to his foster sister, Rowan Sutton. Everett and Rowan met in his fourth foster home, the Williams's. They were the type of people that only wanted to foster some kids because they thought it would look good to the public eye. They never physically abused the children that they fostered, but they did neglect them.

Everett was fostered by them when he was 11, and when he arrived he saw a small honey coloured girl with wild black curly hair. At the time, Rowan looked to about 8, but Everett soon realised that was wrong when he woke up the next day for his 12th birthday, only to be told by Rowan herself that it was her 12th birthday.

The foster kids never learnt the Williams's names since they didn't want them to talk to them. If they needed to, they were to call them Mr and Mrs Williams.

Instead of going to a rundown public school like Everett thought he would be sent to, he got sent to a well known boarding school in London, Berkshire Boarding School. Luckily, it was a mixed boarding school so Everett and Rowan were able to go along with the two other foster children.

The first few months of whatever friendship between Everett and Sutton had formed were pretty silent. Apart from a couple of 'hi how are you's?' and 'you want to smoke?' that's as much as they would say to each other.

After the past that they've both endured, it's quite obvious why they're both so guarded and why they don't say much. Over the years, Everett and Rowan became quite inseparable, so much that the other students at Berkshire Boarding School genuinely thought that they were a couple. To be quite honest, Everett and Rowan turned their noses up and told everyone to 'fuck off and mind your own business'. Surely enough, Everett and Rowan were running the school hierarchy by the time they got to their last year simply because everyone feared them only because they were different.

Everett understood completely why nobody wanted to talk to him, apart from his American friend Sebastian Kingsley who he met when they were younger. Everett understood that he was different from other people, he had more...issues. Whereas Rowan had slightly more trouble.

Rowan didn't understand why nobody wanted to converse with her, or why everyone would stare at her as she walked down the hallways. She adapted to this lifestyle though because she knew that as long as she had her foster brother with her, no one could hurt her anymore.

Everett and Rowan were different to the other kids because they didn't know the difference Primark and Prada. They scowled at anyone who looked them in the eyes. But, they were known as the life of the party.

Every party you could expect to see Everett and Rowan. They loved to drown their sorrows away with alcohol, drugs, and sex.

They were the cliched pair of siblings that each suffered a past full of trauma and distain, who later on become distant and detached from the world.