08| butterflies

BRIAR WAS COMPLETELY and utterly pissed

BRIAR WAS COMPLETELY and utterly pissed. She was drunk of red wine, courtesy of Everett and Rowan. Briar was currently lying on the sibling's small sofa with her arm dangling over the edge as she giggled at random things. Everett looked over to Briar as he sat in the kitchen observing Briar and Rowan talk about meaningless things.

"Do you...d-do you, like ever wonder," Briar paused as she took another sip of the delicious red liquid. She looked over towards Everett to make sure he was listening, he nodded his head as she grinned triumphantly. "What is it like to be in love?" Briar questioned as she dragged out the word 'love'.

"What a fucking waste that is," Rowan scoffed out quickly as she stumbled towards her bedroom. Briar pouted as her new friend walked away. "Ever?" Briar asked Everett with her big doe eyes. Everett was shocked at the nickname coming out of her mouth, a smile begging to be freed on his lips, but he stifled the feeling away.

"No," Everett mumbled quietly.

"Why not?" Briar nearly whined as she sat up slowly and took another sip from her wine glass.

"Because love is stupid," a sense of finality was sensed in his tone which made Briar's shoulders slump in defeat.

"Well, I think about it," Briar began as she held up her pointer finger in a 'wait' sign as she took a long sip of the remains of her wine. Everett cocked an eyebrow at her amusing behaviour since he had never seen Briar Addison act this way before.

"I would really like to have, uh, a fairy tale r-romance," Briar grinned as she was finally able to finish her stumbling sentence.

"Fairy tales aren't real," Everett was quick to burst her bubble as she once again slumped her shoulders.

"Do you believe in love?" Briar quietly asked him as she laid back down on the sofa and shut her eyes. Everett nearly burst out laughing at her question but decided against it.

"I don't," he mumbled as he looked down at the lemonade in his hand.

"Why?" Briar whined as her lips formed another pout.

"Because it doesn't last," he grounded out through clenched teeth as he shook away past thoughts and memories.

"I don't like you very much today Mr Kaine," Briar told Everett with a slight giggle as he chuckled back slightly.

"Do you believe in love?" Everett asked Briar as silence fell between the two. Briar huffed as she sat up once again to look at Everett with a tilted head.

"I want to," Briar mumbled as she looked into his eyes. "But I don't think my parents would allow me to even find love if they didn't think the man had good wealth and status."

Briar seemed to have sobered up a little bit as she spoke those words. Everett nodded at her in acknowledgement, neither of them wanting to delve deeper into their wounds.

"Briar!" Rowan shouted from her room. Briar stumbled away to Rowan's bedroom. On her way there, she gave a shy smile to Everett who returned it with a smile of his own. Briar knocked three times on the door before Rowan opened it wearing nothing but black lace underwear.

"You're naked," Briar giggled as she walked into Rowan's bedroom and flopped on top of her messy bed. Rowan rolled her eyes at her friend's intoxicated state and began throwing garments at her face.

"We're going to a party so get dressed," Rowan told her she slipped on her own party clothes. Rowan was wearing a black long-sleeved top with a dark red t-shirt on top, a short black leather skirt with her signature fishnet tights and combat boots. She pulled on a couple of necklaces to layer them with a few stud earrings to go in her ear and nose.

"You have a tattoo?" Briar asked excitedly as she saw three small butterflies on her forearm.

"Yeah," Rowan mumbled as she tugged the sleeve down.

"What do they mean?" Briar asked curiously as she began scanning through the garments she had thrown at her. Rowan thought for a second as she looked at Briar through the mirror.

"Change."

Briar sensed that she didn't want to be asked any more questions about her tattoo, so she stopped.

"I kind of want a tattoo," Briar whispered at Rowan who had just finished applying red lipstick. Briar said this in a way that seemed she wanted it to be kept a secret.

Briar had always wanted a tattoo. Nothing too bold, just minimalistic. She had her very own Pinterest board filled with tattoos she would love to have one day. Since she is eighteen, she would be able to get one now, but deep down she knew that that Anastasia and George Addison would never approve of such a thing.

"You?" Rowan asked a happy Briar incredulously. Briar nodded in response as she walked slowly over to the bathroom. Rowan laughed at her giddy state and bid her goodbye as she shut the door.

Briar looked at herself through the mirror of the bathroom and tilted her head as she decided if she liked the outfit or not. Rowan had given her tight, high waisted leather trousers, a black long-sleeved top with a plunging neckline, and black stiletto's. Briar nodded her head and walked back into Rowan's bedroom with a big smile.

"I'm ready," Briar said to Rowan as she tucked a strand of loose curly hair behind her ear. Rowan walked over to her and began applying red lipstick to Briar's full and plump lips.

"Now you're ready," Rowan grinned and looped her arm through Briar's.

•••

"Do you even remember shagging?" Briar and Rowan heard a voice say from the living room.

"I don't remember most of the girls I shag," a voice that Briar knows is Everett said. She scrunched her nose up in disgust as the two girls came to a stop in front of the living room.

"Charming," the girls' voice scoffed back as she looked over at Briar and Rowan.

"Bex!" Briar squealed in delight as she saw her best friend and ran over to her. Briar stumbled over in the high heels, but luckily enough, Everett Kaine was there to save the day.

"Steady there princess," Everett mumbled as he steadied her with his hands on her waist. Briar blushed profusely and mumbled a small 'thank you' before scrambling off towards a smirking Bexley Reese.

"Who's ready to get fucked up?"

Status: unedited