19| and then i remembered

"Miss Addison, my first question is do you have any idea as to who would do such a thing?" Officer Jones asked Briar as they sat in an interrogation room

"No sir," Briar mumbled as she stared at the table. The group were all very much traumatised at the news that somebody wanted them dead.

"Okay," Officer Jones gave her a reassuring smile before moving onto the next question. "Has any abnormal activities been happening the past couple of weeks?" Officer Jones' Scottish accent was the only thing to be heard in the room.

At this, Briar hesitated. She didn't know if the weird thing that had been happening was really that significant anyway. Sure the things that had been happening were quite odd and slightly creepy, but Briar didn't really think anything else of it. Officer Jones placed her dark-skinned hand over Briar's pale one in comfort.

"I know that it's scary, but this is a safe place, Briar. You can trust me," she smiled warmly at Briar who gave her a determined nod before beginning the story.

"It started a few months back I think, my friends and I were walking back from a party to Everett and Rowan's flat," Briar explained as Officer Jones began taking down notes. "Everything was fine. The four of us went inside and began getting ready for bed, but then this loud bang got everyone's attention."

"So, naturally we all went to see what the noise was. Everett opened the door because we all thought that it was somebody knocking. That was so far from the truth," Briar sniffled slightly as she recalled that terrifying night. "On the door, was a note which was held into the door with a knife."

Officer Jones stopped taking notes and looked up at Briar with a worried expression. "A...note?" She slowly asked. Briar nodded in response. "Do you remember what the note said?"

"Not exactly, just the gist of it," Briar let a few tears slip out of her eyes as Officer Jones gave her a tissue.

"That's fine, just tell me what you remember."

"It was something about how Everett should stay away from me because I belong to whoever this person is, or something like that."

"Okay," Officer Jones sighed as she wrote a few more notes before turning back to Briar. "Anything else?" Briar nodded solemnly.

"It was just before Christmas, and I was performing in the Nutcracker as the sugar plum fairy," Briar smiled slightly as she recalled how gracious and elegant she felt. "The only person I told about it was Everett since my parents don't let me do ballet."

"Once again, everything was fine until the show finished and I got back to my dressing room. And on the table was this big bouquet of red roses which I initially thought was Everett, but then he walked in with my favourite flowers, white lilies, and then I remembered that..." Briar suddenly stopped talking as she furrowed her eyebrows.