13| forever soulmates

BRIAR WAS CURRENTLY lying down on her bed, her tiny feet kicked up into the air behind her, her chin resting in her small smooth palm, with the other hand holding her phone up to her ear as she talked to Bexley

"How are you?" Bexley asked her best friend softly with a frown etched onto her pouty lips.

Briar thought about her answer for a couple of seconds. Was she okay? To be quite honest, Briar was completely freaked out about the note that was literally stabbed onto Everett and Rowan's front door. She couldn't even remember how long she had cried for resulting in her getting a massive headache the next morning. However, Briar was more worried about Everett and Rowan since her so-called 'stalker' knew where they lived.

"I'm alright I guess," Briar sighed finally.

"You know you can always come to my place if you don't feel safe right? Or Evertt's?" Bexley questioned the afraid girl in a worried tone.

"Actually," Briar began while playing with the embroidered flowers on her duvet. "Could I spend the night at yours?"

"Of course you can, B."

•••

Briar rang the doorbell for the Reese residence, waiting patiently with her baby pink duffel bag over one shoulder. Mrs Reese opened the door with a big smile as she saw her daughter's best friend waiting there.

"Oh, Briar darling! You get even more beautiful every time I see you," Mrs Reese gushed at the small girl who was blushing profusely from the compliments.

"Thank you, Mrs Reese," Briar grinned and hugged her second mother with much love and adoration. "Bexley is upstairs, darling."

Briar made her way up the spiralling staircase until she stood before her best friend's door. She knocked politely since last time she didn't knock, she wishes she had.

"Hey, B!" Bexley grinned at Briar as she pulled her into her rose coloured bedroom. "So, I was thinking of having a movie marathon, face masks, painting our nails, drinking some much-needed vodka, and talking about our current relationship drama!" Bexley clapped excitedly as she gathered all the necessities.

"That sounds lovely," Briar smiled softly at Bexley. "But I don't have any current relationship drama," Briar shrugged.

"What do you mean? Everett? George?" Bexley raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, I told you about my parents' plan with George," Briar paused to roll her eyes making Bexley chuckle slightly. "And Everett, we're just friends," she gave Bexley a very tight-lipped and unconvincing smile.

"Nobody who looks at each other like that ever stays 'just friends'," Bexley chuckled slightly as she pulled Netflix up onto her tv.

A couple of hours have now passed with Briar and Bexley watching all sorts of their favourite romantic comedy movies, with thoughts of Everett Kaine running through Briar's mind every now and again. Did she like Everett? I mean, they had only known each other for a few months, so she obviously cared for him as a friend would, but more than friends? She honestly did not know. Of course, he would have to reflect her feelings for them to ever be something, and she highly doubted that he would ever. She definitely had some sort of feelings for him, but how deep they ran she didn't know.

"What happened between you and Rowan after that party?" Briar asked Bexley quietly as they watched their 5th film that night. Bexley's cheeks visibly grew red from embarrassment.

"What?" Bexley squeaked out nervously.

"After the party a couple of nights ago? We all ran out to the main hall to see what the noise was and I remember you and Rowan stumbling out of her room looking very flushed," Briar shrugged nonchalantly as Bexley sunk into the pillows more.

"If you are gay, bisexual, or pansexual or whatever, you know I'll still love you the same as always right?" Briar grinned at her nervous best friend who had tears lining her eyes.

"Yeah?" Bexley sniffled as she lifted her brown eyes to look up at a smiling Briar.

"Of course. No matter who we end up with, we're always each other's number one's, yeah?" Briar asked as she held out her pinky towards Bexley.

Bexley linked her pinky through Briar's with a smile of her own adorning her red cheeks. "Forever soulmates."

They both leaned in and kissed their thumbs before hugging and cuddling each other for the remaining hours of the night.

•••

Briar woke up due to her phone making a blaring noise indicating that somebody was ringing her. She picked up her phones and saw who was calling her at an ungodly hour. Everett.

"Hello?" Briar asked into the phone as she left Bexley's bedroom and into her bathroom.

"Morning, princess."

Just the sound of his morning groggy voice sent chills throughout Briar's body as she grinned.

"How can I help you since you woke me up so early?"

"It's 11 in the morning," Everett chuckled slightly. Oh.

"Anyway..." Briar grumbled out.

"I remember you asking me if you could ask me something when you were sober, but we never got around to it. So, what would you like to ask me?"

"Oh, uh It's stupid really," Briar laughed slightly as she shrugged it off.

"Come on, I wanna know," Everett whined like a child on the other line making Briar giggle and finally gave in.

"Would you like to come to my dance recital? It's the Nutcracker, a-and I'm playing the sugar plum fairy which is the lead by the way, but if you don't want to come I completely understand," Briar rushed out quickly before she could back out of it.

"You got the lead?!?" Everett shouted in astonishment.

"Yeah," Briar quietly said as she became embarrassed once again.

"Princess that's fucking amazing. I'm so proud of you," Everett said sincerely making her grin proudly.

"Thank you, Ever."

"So, you want me to come and watch you dancing your cute little ass off?" He asked in surprise.

"Well, yeah..."

A few seconds of silence went by until he spoke again making her heart lodge itself into her throat.

"Why me?"

"What do you mean?" She questioned with a frown.

"Why me out of everyone else?"

"Because you make me...feel." Briar breathed out after much contemplation.

"You make me feel too, pretty baby." The new nickname made her blush immensely.

Neither of them spoke after that. But it wasn't awkward, it was a comfortable silence just knowing that they had each other there. It made them feel. What? They didn't know quite yet.

Bit of a short chapter, but I gotta keep y'all on ur toes💅🏼

Status: unedited