𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸

𝙽𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛
𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿𝚝𝚑// 𝟿:𝟹𝟽 𝙿𝙼
________________

I sighed untwisting my apron in the back, removing it before opening my locker and putting it inside along with my nametag and notebook, "sick of this shit."

I grabbed my hoodie and my pocketbook then closed it as Sy'aire and James walked over to their lockers next to mine, "not my baby Nyla using harsh language."

Sy'aire chuckled and faked a shook expression on her face as she put her combination in, "right, especially not in the work place."

"Yall annoying," I said chuckling lightly and sliding my head into my hoodie, "im tired of being here, I'm so glad I'm off this weekend."

James looked at me with his brows raised, "you not picking up this weekend?"

"No."

"Since when?"

I huffed, "since I got invited to a party and Mia act like she can't go by herself."

Sy'aire laughed grabbing her handbag out her locker before closing it, "aww shit, she breaking out her shell James what the hell we finna do?"

I smacked my lips and rolled my eyes, "girl what shell?"

"The shell you live in," he answered for her in a duh tone, "you quiet, you antisocial and you real focused on yo goals and stuff. That's a good thing but you be letting life pass you by if you serious all the time."

"You sound like everybody else I associate myself with," I rolled my eyes fixing my hair under my hood and making sure I had my phone, "sorry but ion have time to waste, I can have fun later but I need this money now. I'll see y'all later, stay dangerous."

I turned around to walk away, leaving the back of the employee part of the diner then making my way through the kitchen and out to the front, seeing a few customers finishing their meals as closing time approached.

I made my way towards the door but I stopped to check the time on my phone before looking up the bus times and seeing that there was one that would be at the corner two blocks away in ten minutes.

I sighed stuffing my phone in my back pocket before bracing myself for the cool air and walking outside, instantly drawing the strings on my hoodie and sliding my hands in my pockets.

I looked up and down the block, checking my surroundings before proceeding with my walk, seeing the luminescent streetlights glaring against the wet concrete letting me know it rained earlier.

I continued walking, reaching the end of the street then crossing it before checking the time on my phone. After seeing i had enough time to grab a drink from the gas station, I turned down the street and walked across the pump spaces before going inside.

The bell rung as I pushed the door open and heard my name making me look up only to see Hasan with his turban on, smiling behind the thick glass, "Nyla!"

I smiled back while looking around only seeing two other people in here, "hey Hasan."

"You on break?"

"No I'm not working late tonight, I'm off," I said and he nodded his head as I walked past the counter and turned the corner to the coolers.

As soon as I turned the corner, my heart began beating fast and my palms started sweating seeing a tall man getting a drink from the last cooler, making visions from my dream appear in the forefront of my mind as I analyzed his build and the details of his dreads that were slightly visible from the black hood that covered his head.