𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿

𝙺𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝙽𝚘𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎 𝙹𝚘𝚑𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚗𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝚜𝚝 // 𝟽:𝟸𝟽 𝙰𝙼_______________

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝚜𝚝 // 𝟽:𝟸𝟽 𝙰𝙼
_______________

"Keonte!" My moma yelled from downstairs in the kitchen, "bring yo rabbit ass down here, I know you hungry."

I chuckled to myself lowly as I sat my phone down and left my old bedroom before going downstairs and leaning my tall frame against the dining rooms threshold, "ma I'm grown, I can feed myself."

"Why you just lie like that?"

I laughed moving out her way as she went to the table to sit the pan of macaroni down, "ain't nobody lying, I can im a whole chef innis bitch whole time."

"Alright then," she sighed placing her hand on her hips, "don't touch nothing I cooked then, make yo own food since youn need me no more."

I smacked my lips, "you just gon deny me of this wholesome meal like that?"

"Obviously."

"Pain," I sighed leaning against the chair, "and I thought Pooh was shiesty."

She rolled her eyes taking a seat then pulling the chair out for me, "sit yo funky ass down before I change my mind."

I smiled taking a seat and grabbing a plate from the center of the table along with a fork and a napkin to place at my side, she always taught me to eat with proper etiquette so I made sure I did.

She cut herself a piece of the baked macaroni and sat it on her plate before doing the same with mine while shaking her head, "I wonder who gon take care of you when I'm gone."

"Im grown ma ion need taking care of, I got myself."

"Let's hope you right cause I got a feeling I won't be here much longer but remember that even though my time is up, no matter what happens I'll always be with you .. forever."

I clenched my jaws and wiped the hot tear that slid down my face, lightly coating the slight scar above my right cheekbone as I stared off into space and Nyla walked past my doorway, heading to the bathroom before walking back a few steps seeing that I was up.

"Goodmorning," she said adjusting the scarf on her head and leaning against the threshold, "why you up so early? You alright?"

I shifted in my spot at the edge of the bed to look at her with attempts to soften my expression but I knew my face held a mug, "im straight."

"You sure? Yo face look red like you been cryi—"

"I just said I'm straight didn't I?" I smacked my lips raising a brow, "the fuck else do you want? You asking again like you gon get a different response or some."

She started to say something before stopping herself as she walked away and let out a loud irritated sigh while mumbling, "it's too fucking early."

A few seconds later I heard her close the door to the bathroom as I got up and rubbed my hands through my dreads before removing the band off my wrist and putting it in a loose top bun.