𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷4

𝙽𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛
𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿 // 𝟻:𝟶𝟻𝚙𝚖
_______________

"Oh shit!" I grabbed the oven mitt and moved the pot off the burner while waving the thick black smoke out my face hearing the fire alarms going off.

I was making noodles but I guess I didn't put enough water in the pot seeing how it magically evaporated over the span of 5 minutes and my noodles were now charcoal.

I dumped the pot in the sink and turned on the cold water before turning the burner off and grabbing the dish towel, waving it in front of the alarms to stop the beeping.

"Nyla!" Heem yelled entering the kitchen coughing, "girl what the hell?!"

"Just bring the fan out the living room!"

He ran out and came back with the rotating fan, plugging it up and pointing it towards the ceiling.

Minutes later, the smoke cleared and I turned the faucet off as the alarms became silent and Heem stared at me with a blank look on his face.

"Hell you looking at me like that for?"

He walked over to the sink looking in the pot, "noodles Nyla? You burned some noodles?"

"Them noodles burned themselves, my name Bennet and I'm not the one who did it."

I walked to the sink taking the pot out and emptying the water before walking over to the garbage, dumping the noodles out.

"I just got one question, how?" He shook his head laughing as I put the pot back in the sink, "I ain't never heard of nobody burning no damn noodles."

"There's a first time for everything."

I turned the fan off and walked back into the living room, flopping down on the sofa and picking my laptop up placing it in my lap.

"Aht aht aht!" He walked over to me trying to take my laptop but I tightened my grip, "I think you need a break from this lil mama."

"But Heem—"

"But my butt."

"I have to get my essay finished, applications close soon and you know I can't turn this is late."

"So work on it when we come back, you need some air."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do and I do too, I hate the smell of burnt shit and that's exactly what we smell like."

"I—"

"And I know you hungry so come on, throw some clothes on and let's go."

"No."

"Ion think I asked you."

"But I still told you no."

He sat my laptop on the coffee table closing it before wrapping his arms around me and picking me up bridal style, "that's how you know you need to eat, I shouldn't be able to pick you up this easily."