𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽

𝙺𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝙽𝚘𝚎𝚕 𝙹𝚘𝚑𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚗𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟹𝚝𝚑 // 𝟸:𝟺𝟽𝚙𝚖___________

𝙺𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎 𝙽𝚘𝚎𝚕 𝙹𝚘𝚑𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚗
𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟹𝚝𝚑 // 𝟸:𝟺𝟽𝚙𝚖
___________

"Boy get yoself on," my aunty Lonnie said swatting me away from the front door as I tried to enter the house, "smelling like the devils substance in my house, how dare you."

I sucked my teeth and moved past her, "aunty ain't nobody tryna hear that today, im here for my grandma."

"She gone."

I turned around to face her with my brows furrowed, "her ass in a wheelchair, where the hell she gon go?"

"Ion know but you gon get out my house cussing like youn got no respect."

"Im tired of everybody using that word and not reciprocating it, elder or not you gotta give respect to earn it and when have you ever respected me?"

She placed her hand on her hip and adjusted her stance, "when have you ever earned my respect? You never did nothing but stay in trouble as a kid and everytime I came to see you and yo moma you was never around because you was somewhere locked up, correct?"

"That ain't got shit to do with respect, you naming shit that don't even have shit to do with you, whenever you came around, I treated you with respect, I spoke to you politely, offered to get stuff for you, you just never liked me because of my actions which—once again—never had a damn thing to do with you," I chuckled lightly feeling myself get irritated, "I always did what I had to do for me and my moma while you stood by and watched us struggle, you don't respect me because you always judged me but I quite frankly don't give a damn."

"Ain't nothing but the damn devil," she mumbled before pointing to the door, "exit the same way you came and you can come back when you get some sense young man."

I smacked my lips, "we both know I'm not going nowhere until I see my grandma so you might as well move out my way."

I always been close to my grandma but that bond we had only grew stronger after my mom passed. We mourned her together, grieved her together and tried have been doing our best to heal and move on together.

I always felt comfortable telling her any and everything, raw and uncut because I knew she wouldn't judge me. She's been through alot and lived a long time so she also knows a thing or two about the things I'm involved in.

I come visit her at least a few times a week to talk to her about my life and get advice if I need it but also just to check on her, I know sometimes she probably get lonely or tired of being around my aunty baldheaded ass.

Lonnie sighed, rolling her eyes and moving out my way, "im only letting you go out of respect for my moma, I know she wanna see you."

I walked past her and over to the stairs before making my way up them and into the upstairs hallway. I made my way down the hall and stopped once I approached her door before softly knocking, "guess whoooo?"